Virtual Keyboard in the context menu

If you have any ideas how we can improve Sticky Password, ideas for new features etc. post it here.

Virtual Keyboard in the context menu

Postby John Flyer » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:04 am

I am daily using the hotkey Ctrl-Alt-V to access the Virtual Keyboard. My wife seldom uses SP, she should like to have an option in the context menu in the notification area's SP icon.
John Flyer
Experienced user

Re: Virtual Keyboard in the context menu

Postby ondrej.novak » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:43 pm

It´s accessible from the Caption Button menu - Tools.
Ondrej Novak
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
ondrej.novak
Sticky Password Guru

Re: Virtual Keyboard in the context menu

Postby John Flyer » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:34 pm

Yes, I know, but then you first have to open SP. I am very satisfied with the fact that the VK is available through the hotkey even when SP is closed. I use the VK when I log into my bank account. The login process starts with the sosial security number, next step is a one-time code generated by a code calculator (secured with a pin code), and at last a personal password. As you can see, it is not possible to let SP automate this process.

And I do not want to let SP automate it either, my bank's website is the most important website I frequent. The password is stored in SP, of course, but not in a bank account record. Only I can find my bank password in SP. The sosial security number must be kept secret if you want to avoid identity theft. My hope is that SP, with the VK, helps me in case I have got a key-logger on my computer and my security system has not discovered it.

I give this long explanation to tell that, in my opinion, it is a nice feature that Ctrl-Alt-V works when SP is locked.

I also want other parts of SP, the Bookmark section, to be accessible from a locked SP. I have previously asked other users to tell about their use of the Bookmark section (URL: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=85281), but no one has responded (the topic is viewed more than 700 times).
John Flyer
Experienced user

Return to Suggestions and Feature Requests