Sticky password (server)

Sticky password (server)

Postby Mystery-X » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:37 pm

I would love a feature that allowes me to auto sync passwords between my diff devices.
Example : one server that stores all my passwords and syncs them to my android phone and win7 laptop etc.
For the moment the only option i see is export file each time but auto sync would save my live.
Mystery-X

Re: Sticky password (server)

Postby petr.pinkas » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:11 am

Hello, we will have exactly this feature available in the next version. Stay tuned :)
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Postby griganskiy » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:36 pm

Very cool feature, when can we expect the next version?
griganskiy

Postby petr.pinkas » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:01 pm

We can say for sure, that it will be in the first half of this year. Beta will be earlier ready for testing.
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Postby John Flyer » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:53 pm

I understand the need for a password vault stored in the clouds, but please, do not remove the local vault!

Symantec removed the local vault for new users of their 2013 product (different for a product supplied by an ISP). A lot of users are angry.

Several users do not want to store sensitive information on a server somewhere in the cyberworld. Other users find such a solution with a well secured server to be safer than their personal computer. I do not know what solution is the most secure, but with an online vault the server has to be running. In case of access problems, you can not reach your passwords.

In my country we have experienced that a company offering online storage of photos, went bankrupt. What with your personal photos/passwords in such a situation?

Please keep the local storage of passwords in Sticky Password. Offer an online solution with synchronization between different devices to the customers who want/need the cloud storage.

And please keep the virtual keyboard available all the time (as in today's version). Also keep the possibility for a portable version per each license.

Edit: As a comment to today's 'Giveaway of the Day' Andrew wrote:
Cloud syn function? Not for Password. But I do not think this is a con but a pro. I do not trust cloud, who knows if someone is sniffing behind, and you will just end up sorry for trusting it too much.
John Flyer
Experienced user

Postby petr.pinkas » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:30 pm

John, sure, we will keep the "offline" version for everyone who needs that. There are many customers who select our solution just because of the offline approach. So there will be online cloud/sync, but you can have the offline version if you want. You will not be able to synchronize it with mobile devices though.
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Postby John Flyer » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:31 pm

Thanks for your promise!

Now there is a nice deal available at BitsDuJour (previously there was a Giveaway of the Day deal). I appreciate the strong presence from the Sticky Password Team; I hope for a great outcome of your marketing efforts. It is to the benefit to all users!
John Flyer
Experienced user

Postby Arsene » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:10 am

Sync password file between devices is an important feature for me,too.

For reference,
There is a workaround method to sync sticky password between PCs now.
That is to sync local password file to google drive by using GoodSync free version(free version for only 3 sync task) .

I write a simple batch script to stop sticky password (may lock the file and sync error) and auto sync to google drive, for example:
--------------------------------
taskkill /F /IM stpass.exe
"C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\GoodSync\goodsync.exe" sync StickyPasswordSynctask /tray
--------------------------------
Arsene
New user

Postby chaosxian » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:27 am

Arsene wrote:There is a workaround method to sync sticky password between PCs now.
That is to sync local password file to google drive by using GoodSync free version

Just curious... Why not just let Google Drive (or Dropbox) sync as it does. What does GoodSync add?
chaosxian
Experienced user

Postby sven11456 » Mon May 06, 2013 9:35 pm

Sync to different devices is a great feature, but please allow using a third-party solution like Dropbox or Google drive for all us paranoid users. That way, the encrypted database is never accessible by the vendor of the encryption software, which feels a lot safer...
Of course, being able to keep the local version is also "a must", but syncing with other devices is crucial for many users.
sven11456

Postby Arsene » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:56 am

chaosxian wrote:Just curious... Why not just let Google Drive (or Dropbox) sync as it does. What does GoodSync add?

Hi,
Google drive and dropbox are ok too.
But be carefully that it will lock the passwd file while sticky pasword is running.

Google drvie and dropbox will sync files automatically(?),it may sync failure when sync from could to local due to file lock.

It allow to sync on demand(via command line) with Goodsync.
So I can write a batch script to stop sticky password (for release the passwd file) before sync with cloud driver and execute the batch script scheduled or on demand.
And Goodsync allow user to determind which file is the correct version to handle the sync conflick.
Arsene
New user

Return to Suggestions and Feature Requests