Format of XML file

Please post here questions and problems with filling forms and account details on websites.

Format of XML file

Postby rowan.bradley » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:04 pm

Is there any documetation for the XML file that Sticky Password backs up its database into? For example, what do the various FieldType values mean?
With a bit of understanding of what the values in this file mean, I wonder whether I can get it to do what I want by hand crafting some modifications and additions to this file...

Thanks - Rowan
rowan.bradley

Re: Format of XML file

Postby ondrej.novak » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:41 pm

Dear Rowan,

thank you for your question.

.xml is an unecrypted format. We do not recommend to backup passwords in this format. Sticky Password uses encrypted format for database backups.

You can export your passwords into a .xml document if you need it for some reasons (in previous versions of Sticky password this format has been used for example as a possibility for exporting/importing passwords between Sticky Password installed on different PC or when resolving issues by our technical support). We don´t provide any official documentation for the .xml file.

If you are skilled in .xml editing, you can edit this file but it´s not strongly recommended.
Ondrej Novak
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
ondrej.novak
Sticky Password Guru

Postby rowan.bradley » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:11 am

Is there any unofficial documentation? :-)

Or is there a schema or DTD?

If not, can anyone tell me what the various FieldType values mean?

Thanks - Rowan
rowan.bradley

Postby petr.pinkas » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:57 am

No, there is not any official documentation or schema for public, but FieldType values are for our internal use, when you edit the account with Manual Form Edit feature, you can assing more fields and enter predefined values, so if you have a form with 3 or more fields, you are able to pre-enter some values, which will be automacialy submitted.
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Return to Problems with websites