Error message

Error message

Postby litig8rtenn » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:11 pm

I am suddenly getting an error message: Application Error, Exception EOSError in module spCapBtn.dll at 00016239. System Error. Code: 1009. The configuration registry database is corrupt. Attached is a shot of the message.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (22.99 KiB) Viewed 2959 times

This happens with Google Chrome browser but not Internet Explorer. I have Sticky Password Pro 5.0.6.249. Windows Vista Home Premium.

Any help is appreciated.
litig8rtenn
New user

Re: Error message

Postby petr.pinkas » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:19 am

First of all try to update to the latest version of Sticky Password 5.0.10.257 from here: http://www.stickypassword.com/download?src=submenu
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Postby litig8rtenn » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:09 pm

Thanks but before I try the update, will it invalidate my license? I obtained my version from Giveawayoftheday.
litig8rtenn
New user

Postby petr.pinkas » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:48 pm

Sure, it should be fine. If not, let us know on our support, we will resend you the license key, I see you have registered.
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Postby litig8rtenn » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:36 am

Thanks for reply. I updated with 5.0.10.257 and still got same error. I restarted computer after update and still got same error. I thought maybe the file spCapBtn.dll was missing, but I checked and it is in the Sticky Password folder in program files folder. It seems curious that the error occurs only when I open Chrome browser, not when I open Internet Explorer. And this just started happening a day or so ago.
litig8rtenn
New user

Postby petr.pinkas » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:41 pm

It seems like your registry is broken, please try to follow these steps:http://vxcl.org/error-1009-the-configuration-registry-database-is-corrupt-2.php
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Postby litig8rtenn » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:39 am

I checked the site suggested in the most recent reply ,and am reluctant to try that since it appears to include installing a program that may be a concern.

I wonder if I can try uninstalling Sticky Password and then re-installing using the same license key I received when I got the program from GOTD. If so, maybe I'll try that. I did find some indication that the spCapBtn.dll could be the problem so I downloaded that dll file from Kaspersky, but that didn't correct the problem. It did change part of the error message. Instead of including 00016239 as part of the message, the number was different. I didn't make a note of the specific number.

Please let me know if I may uninstall Sticky Password and re-install using same license key.

Thanks.
litig8rtenn
New user

Postby petr.pinkas » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:01 am

You can, but since your registry are broken, it will maybe not help. Try to reinstall Sticky Password but also delete all registry after searching "Lamantine" and "Sticky Password" in the "regedit" feature (more at http://www.itechtalk.com/thread1440.html), so the Sticky Password footprint in registry is being cleaned up too.
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Postby litig8rtenn » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:13 pm

Still trying to solve this issue. I uninstalled Sticky Password and searched for and deleted all registry entries I could find. Then I restarted computer. Then reinstalled Sticky Password. The issue is still present, but as before, only with Chrome Browser. I think I'll uninstall and reinstall Chrome and see what happens. Any other thoughts?
litig8rtenn
New user

Postby litig8rtenn » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:40 am

Uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome browser didn't work.
litig8rtenn
New user

Postby petr.pinkas » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:28 pm

Have you please tried the solution I have suggested? This all seems to be an issue of your system. Also the .dll file from Kaspersky will not help here since they have different version of the module.
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Postby litig8rtenn » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:49 am

I tried the first program recommended at http://vxcl.org/error-1009-the-configur ... rupt-2.php, but that didn't work. The program I tried took me only so far and wanted me to purchase the program. It's not that I would object to that, but I read some warnings about the program being hard to get rid of, and I have to say that it attempted to add numerous startup entries to my system. So I uninstalled that program and kept trying some other options. Maybe I'll go back to vxcl and try second program suggested, but I'm still somewhat suspicious of that.

I deleted all the spcapbtn files obtained from Kaspersky. Uninstalled and reinstalled Sticky Password, same with Chrome. Did extensive search of registry items to delete all references to Sticky Password and Lamantine. Did a registry clean/repair after backup of registry. Read some things that suggested it could be a malware issue with the apparently affected dll file, so scanned with Malwarebytes and removed a few problems it found. Still a very confounding problem. Any other thoughts. Thanks
litig8rtenn
New user

Postby petr.pinkas » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:43 pm

OK, please contact us at support@stickypassword.com and we will try to investigate this issue with our technical support. Thanks
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Return to Sticky Password PRO 5