SP & Opera Browser (auto-fill plug-in installation & G-mail)

Please post here problems with web browsers and applications.

SP & Opera Browser (auto-fill plug-in installation & G-mail)

Postby #samurai# » Wed May 18, 2011 5:53 pm

Greetings SP Crew,

Great job on improving this wonderful program of yours, but since there is a version that supports Opera browser I'm having some annoying problem that I need to inform u about. It's not exactly a problem but a matter of functionality. If I use Opera browser without SP on and after I need to use SP and I turn it on, then I need to close Opera browser first so that the auto-fill plugin could be installed. The extension for the SP auto-fill engine exists but every time I open Opera browser first and after I turn SP on, then I get this message.
http://pic.mk/images/2011051816.png

This doesn't happen with Mozilla Firefox, don't know if this is a real issue or is this how the plugin will work for Opera browser. This doesn't happen when I have SP running before I open Opera browser.

And another minor problem is that when I open g-mail link on Opera browser, that little cloud that pops out right beside the empty fields for the username and password isn't showing like it does when I use Mozilla Firefox.
http://pic.mk/images/2011051305734031.png
http://pic.mk/images/2011051817.png

Many thanks for your efforts to make Sticky Password the best password manager and online form filler.

Yours faithfully,
#samurai#
#samurai#
New user

Re: SP & Opera Browser (auto-fill plug-in installation & G-m

Postby ondrej.novak » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:27 pm

Hi samurai,

we´ve made some improvements in Opera support. Are you still experiencing these issues please?

Best regards,
Ondrej Novak
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
ondrej.novak
Sticky Password Guru

Postby #samurai# » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:08 pm

Hi Ondrej,

:D Good job Sticky Password Crew on improving the Opera support, the first described issue is gone, but the second one still exists. I don't blame Sticky Password for the second issue, I think that the stupid Opera Browser is the big problem maker. Because sometimes the cloud actually shows up, but very, very rarely. Don't bother about that since the extension button still gives me the accounts and all I need to do is click on the desired one. ;)

Yours faithfully,
#samurai#
#samurai#
New user

Postby Logan » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:52 pm

I,too, am having the same problem with Opera and Sticky Password. For some reason it says that the autofill plug in is not installed yet when I created the account for this forum the program activated and wanted me to save the password. Can anyone give me an idea as to what is going on?
Thank you,
Logan
Attachments
Error Message in Sticky Password for Opera.jpg
It's strange that it just started showing this message as it works quite satisfactorily a good 99% of the time.
Error Message in Sticky Password for Opera.jpg (153.47 KiB) Viewed 1088 times
Logan

Postby ondrej.novak » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:49 am

Hi Logan,

our developers are working on this issue. The fix should be available next week.

Best regards,
Ondrej Novak
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
ondrej.novak
Sticky Password Guru

Return to Problems with web browsers and applications