Reinstall

Please post here questions and problems which doesn´t fit to any other category.

Reinstall

Postby Zerpersande » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:25 am

I would like to uninstall Sticky Password, then reinstall it and then update my database from a saved copy. I also want to ensure that the database is stored in the Sticky Password folder and the authorization is through USB. Any help here?

Thanks, Zerpersande
Zerpersande
New user

Re: Reinstall

Postby ondrej.novak » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:29 am

Hi,

which version of Sticky Password is installed on your computer please?

Best regards,
Ondrej Novak
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
ondrej.novak
Sticky Password Guru

Postby Zerpersande » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:53 am

Version 5.0.6.247
Zerpersande
New user

Postby ondrej.novak » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:13 pm

Would you like to reinstall it on the same computer please? Just save the default.pws file from the folder Documents/Sticky Passwords, uninstall Sticky Password (you can delete also this folder if it will be necessary for you) and reinstall it. You can download the installation file at:

http://www.stickypassword.com/download

Then simply copy the saved file default.pws back to the folder Documents/Sticky Password.

You can set the authorization method in the Sticky Password system tray menu - Settings - Authorization method.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,
Ondrej Novak
Sticky Password Team

ondrej.novak
Sticky Password Guru

Postby Zerpersande » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:26 am

I'll give it a try. I'm just not sure that the program is set up the way I want. It can keep the database wherever it wants but I just want it to only work when the USB memory is installed. For a while it kept asking me for my entire master password when it went to screen saver. Then I changed things around a bit and in doing so set a PIN, so now it only asks for the PIN. I just figured that I would uninstall everything and start all over again. Thanks.
Zerpersande
New user

Postby Zerpersande » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:30 am

Maybe I was just seeing into the future..... now almost every time I start my system Sticky Passwords says the database is bad and I have to reload it from a backup. Strangely enough it seems that the only thing missing from these backups is the log-in info for this forum!
Zerpersande
New user

Postby ondrej.novak » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:11 pm

Hi,

have you contacted our support at support@stickypassword.com please? Please send us your problem and we will do our best to help you to resolve your issue as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Ondrej Novak
Sticky Password Team

ondrej.novak
Sticky Password Guru

Postby Zerpersande » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:09 pm

I sent you guys the error details and received a quick, easy to understand solution. But I had already used your previous instructions to reinstall SP and that solved my problem.

Great product and great support. Thanks!
Zerpersande
New user

Return to Other