virtual keyboard and security

Frequently asked questions

virtual keyboard and security

Postby michalangelo » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:17 am

1) Does the add accounts page and identity add the data in an encrypted format,and keystroke trojans can follow the key board entries and security codes for credit cards etc?

2) I cannot enter the data on my credit cards with the virtual keyboard as it does not add the data on pressing keys?

Maybe I have a virus infection and spyware following my entries? :?
michalangelo
New user

Re: virtual keyboard and security

Postby petr.pinkas » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:56 am

Hi Michalangelo,

1) Yes, all your data are immediately stored to an encrypted database. If you use Virtual Keyboard, keystroke trojans (keyloggers) can not see what are you typing in. So if you have typed it into the web form by Virtual Keyboard and the Add Account or Add Identity dialog appeared, you are absolutely safe.

2) Not sure what this is about. Do you have some example where you can not type with our Virtual Keyboard?

Always it is good to have an antivirus on you PC for prevention.
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Postby michalangelo » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:24 am

1) When you are adding a bank or credit card a template for the details automatically opens above the accounts page.

Then one selects the virtual key board which opens in a balloon which points to the slected empty panel say account number or name. Then one uses the pointer to press the keys on the virtual keyboard,which fail to add the key cypher selected into the empty panel!

This worries me as otherwise you have to complete the form using the normal keypad,and as you replied this can open up all the credit card detail being enetered including security number to keyloggers.

Also on OS shutdown there appears to be a programme running in the background such as messenger.

I ran malwarebytes to see if there was any spyware with a negative result.

A few weeks ago I had to remove 2 trojans via MS Security essentials. JS Seedabutor B and JS IFRAME REF I

Any pearls of wisdom you can roll my way are very much appreciated petr.

2) I hope the Mozilla plugin cures the crashing of that even when the sticky password inactive. Is that what that is there to solve?
michalangelo
New user

Postby petr.pinkas » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:53 am

1) Using Virtual Keyboard for adding Identity or Credit/Bank account is not possible, you are correct. We have to implement floating and separate Virtual Keyboard in the future for this. What I think of is that you can maybe use VK to write it down to the Add Account dialog to the password field and then copy it and paste it to the Credit Card creation dialog.

Unfortunately I can not help you with removing badware from your PC, there are many services and companies for this however. For example http://staysafeonline.org/, http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ etc.

2) Firefox crashing issue has been fixed by the latest build which you should receive automatically or you can download the update manually from our download site here: http://www.stickypassword.com/download?src=submenu
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Postby michalangelo » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:05 pm

1) It is a good thing one does not create these accounts every day of the week using that workaround!

2) Can you confirm if the FF Crashing would even occur while one had an expired trial of stickypass prior to eiother it's removal or activation by subscription.

In my case it occured before activating and payiong for SP Pro?
michalangelo
New user

Postby petr.pinkas » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:50 am

I am not sure if I understand correctly. The Firefox issue is solved in the latest release. If you are paid customer, you can update for free. No registration information needed.
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Return to FAQ