Previously working auto-fill login no longer works

Please post here problems with web browsers and applications.

Previously working auto-fill login no longer works

Postby Kodak » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:40 am

After getting around a now fixed bug that caused a headache for me, I now have another problem that has directly sprung from it.

After finally getting all of my logins added correctly I went through them one by one to make sure that they worked. I then started updating and strengthening my old passwords for accounts that I have not used for a long time or had forgotten about.

I have not yet finished working through my long list of accounts but I found that there is one that is now no longer auto-filling like it used to. The only thing that I changed was the password.

The URL for the site is exactly the same but it will not fill the username and password fields anymore.
I have tried this same site using another browser and it auto-fills correctly :?

I tried "define settings manually" and the window that it loads the site into (when it finally succeeds - other sites seem to load fine in it) says that I am using an outdated browser.

Here are a few details:
The website login involves pushing a button that opens a "popup" type window where you enter your username and password. This used to auto-fill but no longer will in FireFox.

FireFox 16.0.1:
The site used to auto fill in this browser but no longer works after I updated my password. Is it possible that the site was updated?

Chrome 22.0.1229.94 m:
The site will auto fill in this browser normally.

The website that I am having problems with is - https://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/

*****EDIT*****
I have been trying to get it to work, but with no luck. I have found that trying to define manual settings wo'nt work if the url is https:// instead of http:// I had to change this to make it load in Sticky Password.

It also magically worked ONCE just now but not sure how. I had the Sticky Password browser for manually editing settings open at the time and refreshed the page in my browser. I can't get it to work anymore, though. Still Broken.
Kodak
New user

Re: Previously working auto-fill login no longer works

Postby ondrej.novak » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:22 pm

Hi,

could you please try to save the account for the URL:

https://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/user/login?

It should work correctly on this login page.

Best regards,
Ondrej Novak
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
ondrej.novak
Sticky Password Guru

Postby Kodak » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:49 am

Thanks for replying, Ondrej.

That is actually the page that it takes me to if I just click "ok" without anything entered in the login or password fields.
It does work correctly, yes.

I can just use that link or, if I use my original link, just press ok to get the "bad password" page that directs me to that link anyway. That's a sufficient work-around :)

I find it odd that the problem only seems to be with Firefox. It works perfectly fine every time in Chrome.

I'm glad to have brought it to your attention, though. Thanks for your help.
Kodak
New user

Postby ondrej.novak » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:00 pm

Hi,

unfortunately some sites use technology which is not supported by all browsers. These pop-up dialogs are often problematic.

If this fix won´t be enough for your, let me know and we will try to find some other solution.

Best regards,
Ondrej Novak
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
ondrej.novak
Sticky Password Guru

Postby Kodak » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:53 pm

Yes, unfortunatley browser technology and even the web itself is contantly evolving. I understand that there will be times when the current version of Sticky Password will encounter the odd problem and require new compilations with fixes.

The current solution that I am using requires only one extra click of a button or an additional bookmark. Far less time than typing it in using a Virtual Keyboard and even safer, too. There is also the option of using an alternate browser if it's really needed ;) So it is really not a problem.

Thank you for your support, Ondrej :)
Kodak
New user

Return to Problems with web browsers and applications