Confusing product names

Frequently asked questions

Confusing product names

Postby John Flyer » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:51 am

Sorry, I have started three topics in a wrong section of this forum. The organization is a bit strange; I have posted in Board index ‹ Sticky Password 7 ‹ Sticky Password 7 ‹ Suggestions and Feature Requests. I have Sticky Password 7, but not Sticky Password 7 – I have Sticky Password 7 Desktop and I should have used this path: Board index ‹ Sticky Password 7 ‹ Sticky Password 7 Desktop.

I have now visited Lamantine's website and I have learned the companies naming policy:

Sticky Password – Our flagship product with cloud synchronization
Sticky Password Desktop – Windows only version without online synchronization

It is my humble opinion it would have been better to use names like Sticky Password 7 Cloud (or Sticky Password 7 Online) and Sticky Password 7 Desktop.

The forum structure should have been
Board index ‹ Sticky Password 7 ‹ Sticky Password 7 Cloud
‹ Sticky Password 7 Desktop

The Sticky Password 7 section should have been closed for topics.

Why are Lamantine so timid in marketing? I started with SP 5, has been runing SP 6 since the release, but I did not receive a single e-mail telling me that SP 7 was out of beta? I really like the most of the new design. I am very happy that the Secure Memo window now is movable; it was a must!
John Flyer
Experienced user

Re: Confusing product names

Postby petr.pinkas » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:01 am

John, we are just consistent, which we have to be, otherwise customers will be confused, so we are using paths according to the product names.
It may happen that in the future we will make only one product and that we will not distinguish.
The Beta is not yet out since we are waiting for iPhone version, but we will send the update emails soon, don't worry. We are just fixing some other issues to have the product perfect for the update info to all customers.
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Postby John Flyer » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:11 am

To be consistent is fine, but still I do not understand why you have 4 products (at the moment) and 5 sections for posting.

My main objection is your choice of product names. That is confusing!

petr.pinkas wrote:It may happen that in the future we will make only one product and that we will not distinguish.

If you only go for the cloud syncronization product, I have to leave you!
John Flyer
Experienced user

Postby petr.pinkas » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:17 am

We will not go for cloud only, but we are thinking about presenting it as one product, you will be always able to choose between online and offline usage.
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Postby John Flyer » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:24 am

petr.pinkas wrote:We will not go for cloud only, but we are thinking about presenting it as one product, you will be always able to choose between online and offline usage.

Thank you! :D
From other forums I know that this decision is important; not only to me!
John Flyer
Experienced user

Return to FAQ