Ignore website/ exclude pages

Please post here questions and problems with filling forms and account details on websites.

Ignore website/ exclude pages

Postby postkat » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:07 pm

Hello,

Since i upgraded to version 7 i have problems with the exclusion of pages. Just after the upgrade i discovered that all website admin pages were added to the Ignored websites list.
In Sticky Password 6 i could exclude pages of a directory by choosing 'Not for pages of directory' but in version 7 this leads to exclusion of the index page too. This is a major problem for all websites based on a cms.

For example on a cms website i login on /admin/index.php but i want to exclude index.php?option=com_config
This was no problem in version 6 but in version 7 i have to add the complete url, including the domain name to ignore this page. That's fine if you have one or two websites to maintain but if, like me you have 30 or more websites to maintain that means that i have to add ignore admin pages for every domain!

Can You please make 'specific web page of the link above' more specific or alter the Ignore websites function to ignore parts of urls?
I want to be able to login to index.php but exclude everything that contains 'index.php?option=com'
postkat

Re: Ignore website/ exclude pages

Postby ondrej.novak » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:27 pm

The Ignored websites list means that Sticky password won´t offer you to add accounts for the page. However if you already have an account for the page, the autofill should work. So could you try to add an account for the page that you would like to and then to add it to the list of Ignored websites?

Best regards,
Ondrej Novak
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
ondrej.novak
Sticky Password Guru

Postby postkat » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:01 pm

The problem is that Sticky password auto fills password fields where it should not.
The ignored list should mean that Sticky Password does not auto fill fields on those pages too! Why else would i add pages to the ignore list?

How can i prevent that Sticky Pasword alters ftp and database passwords on my configuration pages? without having to lock Sticky Password before going to a configuration page?
Adding all configuration pages of al websites as seperate accounts is not an option. I have enough accounts with only login pages. (front end, back end, databases, domain maintainance...etc.)

With so many websites and passwords to remember i really need Sticky Password to help me out but version 7 is no improvement...

I really think you should make the ignore list to accept parts of url's and not auto filling fields on pages on the ignore list.

Regards, Dorine
postkat

Postby necros » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:36 pm

A perfect solution for this would be allowing to enter a regex as an URL. This should allow you to specify exactly which parts of website you want to use an account for.
necros

Return to Problems with websites