Lunascape6 Web Browser

Lunascape6 Web Browser

Postby mibsteam » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:33 pm

Hi,

Forgive me if this has been covered/suggested already..I have tried looking for it, but can't seem to find it anywhere on the forum.

Anyway, I just want to suggest you make SP fully compatible with the "Lunascape6" web browser. Just Google it for the link..or I will pass the link on to you if you need me to..I wasn't sure if I should post it here or not.

Basically, the SP button up on the toolbar doesn't show up, even though Lunascape6 runs on the Gecko browser engine..as well as the IE Trident engine. The SP add-on shows up as being installed in the Gecko add-on panel..and it is loaded down on the tray in Windows as normal, but there is no sign of it in the browser, so you can't auto-fill any site forms you come across online when surfing..which basically means SP doesn't auto-complete anything when used with this browser.

Please let me know if there is anything I can try to see if I can get SP to work with Lunascapre6, such as manually adding a file or something like that in the meantime. Failing that..and if this requires something a little more complex, then can you please add Lunascapre6 to the list of browsers to be added or included to work with both current and future versions of SP?

My thanks in advance for your time and for a great product.

Kind regards

Dan (mibsteam)
mibsteam

Re: Lunascape6 Web Browser

Postby petr.pinkas » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:14 am

Hi Dan,

thanks for suggestion, we have already the support of LunaScape browser in our plans, however we can't provide you with a date when it will be, since we have more higher priority issues and ideas to solve right now for the next version.
The problem is, that it seems less then 0.05 % of all internet users use this browser, which makes this low priority one, however we will monitor this and listen to our customers and if there will be enough time for adding support for this one, we will do it for sure.
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Postby mibsteam » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:30 pm

Thanks, Petr..I really appreciate you taking the time to reply to my post.

I understand your (Sticky Password's) position on this and realize there are more pressing issues that need your attention. If, at some stage, you do get around to adding Lunascape6, then that would be great.

To the best of my understanding, you are right in what you say, regarding the low number of users of Lunascape6, but I think this will grow in time, as it seems to be a relatively new browser..and one that is starting to get a lot of attention, due to it's main feature of being able to run on the main 3 browser engines. For those who reading this who might not understand, this means it is ideal for both the average user and website builders alike, as it allows you to view sites to see if they appear as they should in most other browsers. So, if you visit a website and it doesn't appear "right", all you have to do is click on a button and change the browser engine to get the site to display as it should.

Petr, I hope you will forgive me for including the explanation above, as I know YOU understand what this browser does, but others may not. But, obviously, please feel free to edit this post as you see fit. I have no connection with or to the folks who make Lunascape6..I'm just a happy user, who would like to be able to use SP with it at some suture point in time.

In the meantime, I will just stick with using Firefox for anything that entails me using passwords to log in, as there is no way I am going to stop using SP..it's just too handy and the best at what it does.

My thanks once again for your time on this.

Dan (Mibsteam)
mibsteam

Postby petr.pinkas » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:19 pm

Dan, no problem. I fully understand the advantages of Lunascape browser, I really think the vast majority of its users will be web-developers. Lunascape is there for a longer time then Google Chrome for example but Chrome browser is used by a lot of users nowadays. But this is different scenario here. It is Google - mainstream, big player. Lunascape is lets say "hobby" browser for enthusiasts and geeks lets say. And also there are other browsers, which our users want us to support, but it is not always an easy solution. With constant updates, new versions etc. you have to keep up with all those supported browsers and it takes time of developers and testers. This is a simple matter of priorities.
Anyway, if the percentage of users of Lunascape browser will grow, be sure, we will keep an eye on this browser.
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions and Feature Requests