Sticky Password Beta 6

Sticky Password Beta 6

Postby aladdin » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:14 pm

Thanks for the invitation to the Sticky Password Beta 6.

Downloaded v6.0.0.256 and installed it without a hitch. Like the new "User Interface", it is very beautiful.

One bug so far:

However, when the Windows (computer) is restarted, the "User Interface" is opened on restart. The operating system is Windows 7 x64.

One feature request:

Would love the "Copy" Command in the "Identities" like the "Web and App Accounts. It would be nice to create an identity for a family member and then copy/clone it and change some information for other families members.

Best regards,

aladdin.
aladdin
New user

Re: Sticky Password Beta 6

Postby UPieper » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:40 pm

Yes, thanks for the new SP6 beta! It installed nicely on both my XP/WIN7 OS and I didn't see any problems yet.

One thing I noticed though, is that it's not possible anymore to access secure memos from the tray icon. Please, please re-introduce it. I'm storing quite some info there (eg pins/tans from bank and phones, etc) and it's nice to access that info as fast as possible. Maybe, you could even think about adding a possibility to access the list of secure memos via a hotkey?

Regards,

UP
UPieper
New user

Postby aladdin » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:02 pm

UPieper wrote:Yes, thanks for the new SP6 beta! It installed nicely on both my XP/WIN7 OS and I didn't see any problems yet.

One thing I noticed though, is that it's not possible anymore to access secure memos from the tray icon. Please, please re-introduce it. I'm storing quite some info there (eg pins/tans from bank and phones, etc) and it's nice to access that info as fast as possible. Maybe, you could even think about adding a possibility to access the list of secure memos via a hotkey?

Regards,

UP

Very true. Nothing can be accessed through the tray icon. Especially, the Windows Application Accounts and as identified the Secure Memos.

Can't access my Quicken Account from tray icon, have to open the "User Interface" and then access it.

Best regards,

aladdin.
aladdin
New user

Postby #samurai# » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:34 pm

How to join this crowd called beta testers? :D
#samurai#
New user

Postby Blurayfan » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:59 am

#samurai# wrote:How to join this crowd called beta testers? :D

If you understand and accept the risks of downloading and using Beta software additional info can be found here.
Last edited by Blurayfan on Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blurayfan
New user

Postby Blurayfan » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:00 am

One thing I noticed is the ability to see, restore or delete database backups is missing from the user interface. I also agree with the previous posters the removal of features access from the tray should be restored.

I must say though Sticky Password 6 is a very nice upgrade for Sticky Password. I really appreciate the work that has gone into designing the new user interface.
Blurayfan
New user

Postby UPieper » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:12 am

I see now, that in the GUI there's a quick access which lists your recently used items as favorites. In the GUI this list also includes recently accessed secure memos, while the favorites shown via the tray icon shows the web accounts only....
UPieper
New user

Postby L'gost » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:34 pm

How about Chromium support on version 6.0?
L'gost

Postby aladdin » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:50 pm

UPieper wrote:I see now, that in the GUI there's a quick access which lists your recently used items as favorites. In the GUI this list also includes recently accessed secure memos, while the favorites shown via the tray icon shows the web accounts only....

Yes, the favorites are shown in the system tray, but the accounts are not shown.

Best regards,

aladdin.
aladdin
New user

Postby Blurayfan » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:40 am

While testing Sticky Password 6 I discovered a bug in the way sticky password handles links in both bookmarks and web accounts. For instance a software provider that I have a license for has a Customer Area to download updates to their licensed version. This page doesn't require a user id or password but the link is case sensitive and Sticky Password is changing the the link to all lower case. In my opinion Sticky Password shouldn't modify the link given.
Blurayfan
New user

Postby UPieper » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:22 pm

Went back to V5, since I really don't like that I have to open the GUI each time I want to access a secure memo....
UPieper
New user

Postby aladdin » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:04 pm

Any news on the beta update?
aladdin
New user

Postby petr.pinkas » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:08 pm

Hi, it will be released probably next week.
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Postby aladdin » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:13 pm

Dear Petr,

Many thanks! :)

Best regards!
aladdin
New user

Postby nick » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:10 am

Installed over v5 without issue.

I like the new approach account editing ... much simpler
nick
New user

Postby nick » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:21 pm

When purchasing something from an online store, I've noticed that the Identity feature doesn't consistently/correctly fill in all the credit card/shipping. And, there doesn't appear to be a way to manually edit the site fields w/i SP so it recognizes what the fields are for (as we have for web password access).

For example, go to warnfactoryoutlet.com and simulate a purchase.

On the shipping address page
-- the ZipCode is a +5 type with a field for the main zip code (SP fills this in correctly) and a field for the +5 portion. SP puts the main Zip Code in this field.
-- it does not fill out the email address
On the Payment page it doesn't enter the CVV code.

I've also been on a number of sites where the Expiration Month and Card type are not filled in.
nick
New user

Postby ondrej.novak » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:54 pm

Hi nick,

many thanks for the info. Could you please send us the list of these problematic URLs? If it´s possible, you can add also the problematic fields to the list.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Ondrej Novak
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
ondrej.novak
Sticky Password Guru

Sticky Password Beta 6

Postby vitalykim » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:57 am

I am also trialing Sandboxie as well on Windows 7 x64 and have the same issue. I have Sticky Password v5.05 installed since a while and I do not have that key in the registry either.
However I did find that key in HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareLamantineSticky Password instead of Local_Machine. Anyway of getting this to work?

Thanks
Мой дом Россия - добро пожаловать.
vitalykim

Postby ketrout » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:30 am

UPieper wrote:Yes, thanks for the new SP6 beta! It installed nicely on both my XP/WIN7 OS and I didn't see any problems yet.

Regards,

UP

I too like to have the "access secure memos" from the tray icon. I am with you, please re-introduce it at least with the final version.
ketrout
New user

Postby ketrout » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:36 am

A bit late in downloading and installing version 6. I do like the new GUI, Easy to navigate and get around.

Installed right over version 5 without any problems at all. I plan on putting it through its paces.

Thanks for having such a nice program.
ketrout
New user

Next

Return to Sticky Password PRO