Importing from Large Software Password Manager

Importing from Large Software Password Manager

Postby ncumbie » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:46 pm

My previous password manager was from the company Large Software, called simply Password Manager. A couple years ago, they discontinued or sold this to another company and I'm almost certain that it is now Sticky Password. SP version 5.0 is very similar to the Large Software application (based on dialog boxes, etc). So I was hoping I would be able to import my Large Software passwords into Sticky Passwords 6.0, but I can't. The native file extension for the Large Software app was *.lpm, but I was able to export the database to *.csv, *.txt, *.ini and *.html. I tried importing these into Sticky Password but it said it couldn't find any data. If my suspicion is right about Sticky Password having been purchased from Large Software, it seems like it should be simple to import between these two applications. Thanks.
ncumbie
New user

Re: Importing from Large Software Password Manager

Postby petr.pinkas » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:34 am

Hello, actually, Large Software was using our technology, so it was a rebranded product, but they discontinued it as you say and we are continuing all the time by improving our product. Actually they had version 3 or 4, now we are in version 6, which is almost totally different. What you can do is to try to import the *.csv or *.html exported database to version 4 of Sticky Password and then to version 6.

The download link to version 4 is here: http://download.stickypassword.com/file ... 413195.exe

Let me know how that worked.

Thank you
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Re: Importing from Large Software Password Manager

Postby ncumbie » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:12 am

I stumbled across an easier way. The Large Software password database has a *.lpm extension. I just changed it to *.pws and was able to load the file in Sticky Password 6 without a problem. I'm glad to finally find Sticky Password because I really liked Large Software's password manager except that it didn't have an iPhone version. Thanks.
ncumbie
New user

Return to Sticky Password PRO