Hidden website accounts?

Please post here questions and problems with filling forms and account details on websites.

Hidden website accounts?

Postby jhnidy » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:03 pm

I have reinstalled sticky password pro 6 and now I cannot reach a certain website.
When I log into this website, sticky does not fill in any boxes.
When I attempt to set up a sticky "program" to log in, I am told that there is already a setup for this website.
But I sure can't find this setup. Where can I look for this data so I can delete it and start over.
jhnidy

Re: Hidden website accounts?

Postby Evzen » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:35 am

Simply start typing a name of the website (or a part of its URL, or something like that) in the Search box - it should show up.
It should be also visible on the All tab in the accounts list.

How exactly did you reinstall Sticky? Have you perhaps exported and then re-imported the data somehow? Or did you import the data from some other password manager?
I'm asking because there were some import-from-foreign-application issues fixed recently (http://www.stickypassword.com/download/release-notes), so this may have caused some weirdness too...
Evzen
Experienced user

Postby jhnidy » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:03 pm

I deleted my sticky program and downloaded new set up software. I got a new activation code and things were going well. Until I hit this one site.

I thought I found the sticky data for this site and deleted everything that pertained but now when I log into the site, sticky does not offer to remember anything. Is it possible that some sites have banned this system?
jhnidy

Postby ondrej.novak » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:27 pm

Could you send me the URL of this website?

Can you send me a screenshot of the Caption Button menu when you are on this site?

Best regards,
Ondrej Novak
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
ondrej.novak
Sticky Password Guru

Postby Evzen » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:01 am

jhnidy wrote:I deleted my sticky program and downloaded new set up software. I got a new activation code and things were going well. Until I hit this one site.

I thought I found the sticky data for this site and deleted everything that pertained but now when I log into the site, sticky does not offer to remember anything. Is it possible that some sites have banned this system?

When you "deleted your sticky program", did you actually UNINSTALL it properly? What did you answer when Sticky uninstaller asked you whether you want to keep your Sticky settings?

When you reinstalled, did you start with EMPTY database, or did you start with your previous database?

Before you reinstalled (as you mention in your first post), automatic login to that site worked or not?
I mean if it worked just before you reinstalled, not like 2 years ago when you created the account...

Websites change constantly and their login forms change too... so it can happen that a site that worked with Sticky (and Sticky automatically offered saving login data) some time ago simply doesn't work anymore... because the website changed in a way that Sticky can't detect the form, thus doesn't know that there is something to store.

It is not possible to "ban Sticky" on a site.
But it's possible to create the login page such way that it prevents Sticky from recognizing the form. That's what especially internet banking sites do - they simply don't like password management utilities like Sticky and put quite a big effort in 'obfuscating' their login pages and preventing password managers from working on them.
Evzen
Experienced user

Return to Problems with websites