Odd STP interface behavior

Re: Odd STP interface behavior

Postby hiclass » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:33 am

Evzen wrote:
John Flyer wrote:...but – in a copy and paste situation – I mostly use the Alt-Tab keystroke. The preferred method is a personal choice, but I really like to pull the attention to the good old Alt-Tab. Still useful!
Couldn't agree more! And drag-and-drop combined with Alt-Tab is SO fast and efficient!


Again don't listen to him.
Atl+Tab is only fast and efficient provided you only run a few programs and it has its limitation... imagine you have 10 programs (or more) running and the program you want to switch to is right in the middle of the list. Hehe... you got to hold your alt and then tab a lot.

Let me tell you what, [Alt]+[Shift]+[Tab] is even the better. (but a little bit harder to hit them than Alt+tab)
If you want to surprise yourself by learning how innocent your are about MS standard Windows keystrokes, see this dicussion.

Btw, I consider myself a keyboard maniac and I avoid using mouse unless I really find it efficient under certain situation, like the case being discussed in this thread.
hiclass
New user
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:42 pm

Re: Odd STP interface behavior

Postby hiclass » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:27 pm

Evzen wrote:
hiclass wrote:2. He/she will probably want to review all his/her existing forum, web and what not... passwords. If an existing password appear red in Sticky Password, he/she will need to generate a strong one, right? agree?
No, not really...
First, the red mark only informs the user about potential problem, which is in most cases a password that is considered weak. It does not force the user to change anything. Anyway, that's not important point...

That doesn't make sense?
What is your main objective in using a password manager like Sticky Password (which is being equipped with a password generator) if you simply don't really care about weak passwords?
It is an important point... think brother, think ...

Evzen wrote:Second - and THAT is the important point - changing the password only in Sticky, without changing it on the web/forum/etc. doesn't help you much... in fact it can be quite destructive action because then you will not be able to log in the web/forum/etc. anymore!

Man... what a joke. Let me tell you this, I am born with all sorts of commonsenses embedded in my DNA. The above just happen to be one... :)

Evzen wrote:If you want to change a password for some web/forum/etc., you should:
  • log in the web/forum/etc. using your existing password first - and the easiest way is to simply launch the Sticky account you have just imported from your browser; but you can use any other way you prefer too
  • go to the appropriate "my account" settings
  • change the password there - Sticky will assist you with this, the password generator will pop up automatically when you place cursor in a password field
And Sticky will automatically change the password in database, you don't need to do anything manually.


Your guidelines above have many assumptions it fails absolutely if any of the below happen to be the case:
1. A forum/web discussion site (which probably you haven't visited for a long time) has changed its URL.
2. A forum/web discussion site (which probably you haven't visited for a long time) has gone out of business (i.e. it is no more available).
3. A forum/web discussion site has been attacked by hackers and after restoring from backup, the site master decides to reset everyone's password or ask everyone to register again.
4. A forum/web discussion site will first send you an email with a password reset link where you have to click that link in order to be able to change your password in your account profile.
5. A forum/web discussion site master just happen to be one who insist you have to write him in order to change password.
6. A forum/web discussion site password field allows only 10 chars which can never be made a strong one. There is simply no way for STP to help.
and this list is endless, sorry I am tire to feed you more...

Most importantly, I want to do everything once and for all (and let me remind and re-emphasize again, I enjoy it). What if
1. The email I have inputed in the past in my profile has now become obsolete.
2. I want to update my forum Avatar with a recent one which I think is more cute than the old one.
3. I want to close the account because I am no more interested in the product being discussed.

A mass import of existing logins and automatic update with Sticky Password is just a dream... which, I am sorry, can never be practical.

Evzen wrote:
hiclass wrote:3. Ah! And there is a "Secure memo" feature in Sticky Password.
Now that's a different story... Copying and pasting data to Secure Memos makes perfect sense. If you would have stated this important fact right away, we would have saved a lot of time and a lot of typing...

How come your sharp visual fails this time? Don't you see I start my sentence with a "Ah!"?
What do you think that implies?

Evzen wrote:Anyway, as I already stated several times, the problem YOU are encountering during copy/paste IS caused by your particular setup which doesn't allow you to arrange the windows side by side for more comfortable copying and pasting.
Typical users with typical setups have no problem with that. I'm pretty sure that a lot of the forum readers would confirm that... if they would find enough courage to step in this discussion.

Ok, nice to meet you here in this forum.
Let me tell you what:
I can tolerate different opinions.
I can tolerate dirty words even they are threw at me.
I can tolerate almost everything except for this: Someone is trying to urge me to do things in his way with no good reason. Worse still if I really find that someone doesn't really good at the subject being discussed. And my experience in participating forum or web discussion tells me, it is normally fun arguing with someone like that because I am in a better position since I starts by saying I want to do things in my way which hurts nobody.

Evzen wrote:
hiclass wrote:Copy and paste from the About option of my Opera:
Version information
Version 12.14
Build 1738
Platform x64
System Windows 7
I just tried that 64-bit Opera 12.14 and import works perfectly. I had my passwords protected by Master Password in Opera, so Sticky told me to remove the protection to be able to import the passwords. I did that and then Sticky perfectly loaded all accounts and bookmarks from Opera.
I really wonder what could be wrong in your case. If there is something what prevents import from Opera working in particular cases, then I strongly believe that fixing this would help many more people than fixing the GUI problem.

I would like to repeat once and for all: I don't like (in fact, I don't want) to let Sticky Password imports my existing passwords from Opera's password manager.
To be frank, I think I know why Sticky Password fails to import my Opera passwords (I only try it once and I don't bother to try it again). You might be curious why STP fails in my case and why I don't even bother to make STP import my Opera passwords.... I have very good reason and I don't want to tell you straight the way, unless you beg me, hehe...

Evzen wrote:I'm not arguing with that at all. The point is that if you like things this way, you should have a different setup - a big display with LOW resolution, not with FullHD resolution. Then you would have your big items AND non-blurry display without having to use 125% scaling.
Choosing the proper tools is very important for achieving the best results.

I want it to be FullHD because I sometime watch HD movie with my PC. Btw, I also have good sound system (one with 14" sub woofer shaking my room when a T-Rex running). In fact I have another 37" LCD which I link to my PC but will only activate by a nVidia profile. So you see, I have far more complicated PC + Theater + Music system setup than what you might have expected.

Evzen wrote:
hiclass wrote:and most importantly:
I don't see anything blur, not sharp or in wrong proportion with my current 125% scaling and 1280x1024 resolution.
If you use 1280x1024 on a display with 1920x1080 physical resolution, then what you say is simply physically impossible, sorry... The ONLY way to display clear picture is 1:1 pixel mapping. ANYTHING else MUST be more or less blurred. That's pure physics, not me...

As I have stated before, my current display looks BIG, CLEAR and COMFORTABLE to me, in spite of what you keep telling me -- it is blurry. Man... don't you know "Seeing is believing"?

Evzen wrote:switch the display scaling to 150% (and maybe play some more with additional changes of controls/fonts size) and see if it would be acceptable for you.
The 150% scaling works different than the 125% (even Sticky's caption has correct height in this case! ;-) ), so it may work for you. However, icons and pictures look more blurry...

You are seducing me, your suggestion smells evil.

Evzen wrote:If you want, tell me the exact model of your Samsung TV and we can elaborate in details what exactly happens when you switch the TV to different modes (maybe the TV "smartly" turns overscan ON only when it detects "video" resolution like 1920x1080, 1280x720, 720x480, etc.)

No thanks, I remember it was quite scary experience when I have total black out display switching TV modes. I rather make STP author adjust his program than I adjust my complicated display setting.

Evzen wrote:I know because I'm in the computers since late 80's, know a lot about how things work technically inside and have a good analytic abilities - I can very quckly find relations between different facts and behavior, causes and effects, etc.

You remind me of a Chinese proverb which sound something like:
When I say "hei fatty" someone (fat of course) quickly response by a pretended gasp.

Evzen wrote:Why are you still torturing yourself like that... I mean at your age (close to mine)?People are different, remember? ;-) That's how I WANT it, that's what's perfectly fine for me and that's what doesn't give me any pain at all.

Man... why not you put yourself in my shoes, that is exactly what I am telling you about the display settings I am prune to.
hiclass
New user
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:42 pm

Re: Odd STP interface behavior

Postby Evzen » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:01 pm

hiclass wrote:What is your main objective in using a password manager like Sticky Password (which is being equipped with a password generator) if you simply don't really care about weak passwords?
Comfort...
Automatic login (browsers can only FILL the form, but not submit), more logins/passwords for one website, all accounts and identities automatically available in all installed browsers, etc...
All these alone are already worth using Sticky, even if you don't care about weak passwords.

hiclass wrote:Your guidelines above have many assumptions it fails absolutely if any of the below happen to be the case:
Looks like you are desperately seeking for arguments...
Nothing is 100% perfect and Sticky is not an exception. Nobody ever said Sticky is perfect for EVERY possible situation.

hiclass wrote:A mass import of existing logins and automatic update with Sticky Password is just a dream... which, I am sorry, can never be practical.
Luckilly, you are not a decisionmaker in Lamantine Software, so vast majority of typical users can happily import their data from browsers.

hiclass wrote:Don't you see I start my sentence with a "Ah!"?
What do you think that implies?
I don't know. What would you expect from a stupid old man anyway?

hiclass wrote:Man... don't you know "Seeing is believing"?
Yes, that's why I truly believe David Copperfield can be invisible, walk through walls or survive being cut in half by a saw.

I quit this discussion. All important points have been stated from my side already. I'm not going to post any further reply in this thread.
Let other users judge for themselves. And let Lamantine Software decide.
Evzen
Experienced user
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:33 am

Re: Odd STP interface behavior

Postby hiclass » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:49 pm

Evzen wrote:Comfort...
Automatic login (browsers can only FILL the form, but not submit), more logins/passwords for one website, all accounts and identities automatically available in all installed browsers, etc...
All these alone are already worth using Sticky, even if you don't care about weak passwords.

Opera's password manager can already do "Automatic login" and "more logins/passwords for one website"
and
I only use 1 internet browser: Opera
So, if I don't care about weak passwords, I won't use Sticky Password.

Come to think about it, I think the statement something like: "You only need to remember one Master password and let the program remember the rest of strong and hard-to-remember passwords for you" which actually buy me into using Sticky Password

Evzen wrote:Looks like you are desperately seeking for arguments...
Nothing is 100% perfect and Sticky is not an exception. Nobody ever said Sticky is perfect for EVERY possible situation.

Sincerely, I hardy lied and seldom feel desperate.
Those on the list are my real encounters when I review my forum and web account profiles.
And I have only covered about 40 out of my total 87 forum and web accounts. (It is easy to count them. Remember? I have them all in a MS EXCEL spreadsheet)

Evzen wrote:Luckilly, you are not a decisionmaker in Lamantine Software, so vast majority of typical users can happily import their data from browsers.

I don't believe vast majority user just import their login info from the browser and then that it is.
But I do believe everyone including you who have used the import function will review what have been imported and then attempt to turn password mark from red to blue and also will have some problem logins to attend to during the process.

Evzen wrote:I don't know. What would you expect from a stupid old man anyway?

Come on man, why take it that hard if you have no idea at all?
You see, I believe "I" is the most frequent-use word in English world.
And "Ah" is the most profound English word because its meaning change wrt to space and time. i.e. it has circumstantial meaning.
In this case Ah! means "Oh! I have forgotten to mention it in my previous post". Not so hard isn't it?

Evzen wrote:
hiclass wrote:Man... don't you know "Seeing is believing"?
Yes, that's why I truly believe David Copperfield can be invisible, walk through walls or survive being cut in half by a saw.

Exact to the point! You have eventually raise something I can full-heartedly agree!
"Do you see that, I can't believe it!"
Basically, "Seeing" is the cause and "Believing" is the consequence.
I have to see it first in order to believe or disbelieve something, agree?

Evzen wrote:I quit this discussion. All important points have been stated from my side already. I'm not going to post any further reply in this thread.
Let other users judge for themselves. And let Lamantine Software decide.

Come on man, why take it that hard. I am sorry if any of my words really irritate you. I wish I could say "please don't go" but I really don't know what else could make us continue.
hiclass
New user
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:42 pm

Re: Odd STP interface behavior

Postby Lucy_Miky » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:40 am

The hidden Win7 (x64) taskbar works flawlessly on my computer.
There're a lot of information about Aion Kinah,hope you can get something what you need.
Lucy_Miky
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:19 pm

Re: Odd STP interface behavior

Postby chaosxian » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:06 pm

This thread is over 2 months old... please let it sleep. :roll:
chaosxian
Experienced user
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:23 pm

Previous

Return to Sticky Password PRO

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron