How do I get a 2 part web site to work?

Please post here questions and problems with filling forms and account details on websites.

How do I get a 2 part web site to work?

Postby jimc » Sun May 05, 2013 3:45 pm

Sticky works great on most of my sites but I have not been able to get what I call 2 part web pages to work. I know I am using wrong terminology so let me explain: An example web site is the “dominos” home page(https://order.dominos.com/en/). When you first go there (part 1), there are no ID/PASSWORD fields. You must click on a “SIGN IN” field first, and then a window opens (part 2) where you then enter your ID and PASSWORD. Note: The web page (URL) does not change, the login window just opens on the existing page. Is there a way to get Sticky to go to the page, click on the SIGN IN text, and then enter and submit my Id/Password? I probably need to manually edit the registration card but am new to this, so if it is possible, detailed step by step instructions on how to get this to work would be great.
Thanks in advance & it’s ok to email me
Thanks & have a great day;(ok to PM/EMAIL me)
Jim C
jimc
New user

Re: How do I get a 2 part web site to work?

Postby ondrej.novak » Mon May 06, 2013 1:31 pm

Hi,

I´m not able to access this page. Are you sure that the URL is correct? Isn´t there some general URL before navigation to this page?

Best regards,
Ondrej Novak
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
ondrej.novak
Sticky Password Guru

Postby John Flyer » Mon May 06, 2013 1:41 pm

The website seems to be down for the moment (no pizza today!), but from jimc's explanation, I expect this issue to be the same as with BitsDuJour (viewtopic.php?f=76&p=99379#p99377).
John Flyer
Experienced user

Postby jimc » Mon May 06, 2013 6:34 pm

John Flyer wrote:The website seems to be down for the moment (no pizza today!), but from jimc's explanation, I expect this issue to be the same as with BitsDuJour (viewtopic.php?f=76&p=99379#p99377).

John/Ondrej: If I click on the link it takes me straight to Domino’s. Hopefully, as John said, the site was down when you tried. Pizza Tonight! :D
Yes the problem does seem to be the same as in the link referenced. So….

From the referenced link Re: Bits Du Jour website and John Flyer’s reply:
“You have to click on 'Login' to open the pop-up window. Then click the SP icon in your browser and select your login from the menu. I do not know why we have to perform this manual operation to populate the fields.”
New Question: “ … select your login from the menu” . I am unclear what you mean by that. I see no “your login”. Are you referring to >Identities >mine?

If so, I did as suggested and Sticky correctly filled in my email but the password was left blank (no surprise there). This solution does appear to get me half way there. Perhaps adding a default PW entry (for non-secure sites) under Identities would work (program upgrade?).

IF, instead of doing >Identities >mine I try a log in by >Web Accounts >Dominos, .. a new window is launched ( Domino link) and the pop-up is no longer there so my login attempt fails.

What am I doing wrong?

*NOTE: I am new to Sticky and forum talk, so if I am responding poorly or too wordy, please forgive. Thanks
Jim C
jimc
New user

Postby petr.pinkas » Mon May 06, 2013 8:47 pm

The Domino URL does not work for me as well from home. We are located in Czech Republic, where are you located?

www.dominos.com loads fine, but when I click Order, it loads for about 2 minutes and then says it could not connect.
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Postby jimc » Mon May 06, 2013 8:58 pm

petr.pinkas wrote:The Domino URL does not work for me as well from home. We are located in Czech Republic, where are you located?

http://www.dominos.com loads fine, but when I click Order, it loads for about 2 minutes and then says it could not connect.

I am in the US. Try web site http://www.bitsdujour.com/. It demonstrates the same issue. Go to the site and click >login, this opens a pop up window requesting ID and PW. Any site that has a pop up to log in can be used to show the problem
Jim C
jimc
New user

Postby John Flyer » Tue May 07, 2013 10:23 am

Domino's site is still inaccessible, probably because they do not deliver pizzas abroad! We have the Domino company in my country too (I did not know). Through the manual edit procedure in SP, I found the fields to be named "login", "password" and "Logg in" (Sign-in button). I do not have an account here, and I do not want to create one just to test.

As you told you are located in US, jimc, I used CyberGhost VPN to retrieve an IP address from a New York server. Voila, Domino's Handmade Pan Pizza popped up!

It is worth to try the manual edit feature in SP:
¤ Launch Domino's site
¤ Open the Domino account in SP
¤ Click tab 'Options'
¤ Select 'Define settings manually'
¤ Wait until the screen is properly built
¤ Click Domino's 'Sign in' in the lower part of the screen
¤ Click in the upper part of the screen
¤ You should now have the Form 1 objects listed in the Field column, the Value column is empty!
¤ Click 1 – Email address in column value, look at the attached screenshot
¤ Click 2 – The Login button on the top
¤ Continue with clicking at 3 & 4 and 5 & 6
¤ Click OK at the bottom.

Does it work now?

About the BitsDuJour method: When you click the SP caption button you get a menu, not with the text “your login” but the actual Login name/e-mail address; e.g. when at this forum, the menu displays 'John Flyer' to me.

Domino_03.jpg
Domino's US Manual Edit
John Flyer
Experienced user

Postby Evzen » Tue May 07, 2013 10:45 am

I'd add clicking the checkbox+radiobutton next to the "form1" - to instruct Sticky to actually submit the form. Otherwise it would only fill the fields.
Evzen
Experienced user

Postby jimc » Tue May 07, 2013 8:20 pm

Ok: Frist I really appreciate the responses (I thought you would have tired of me and my problem by now); following your steps I got it to work but it may or may not be the way you expected.
** as ya’all are having trouble with dominos, I registered at http://www.bitsdujour.com/ and applied the same steps and it preformed identically to the dominos site.
MY trials:
A) Your instructions: >Launch Domino's site, > Open the Domino account in SP, > Click tab 'Options', > Select 'Define settings manually' ; >¤ Wait until the screen is properly built, >¤ Click Domino's 'Sign in' in the lower part of the screen.
OK but my screen was just a little different, Note the ‘sign in’ under form1 was at the TOP vs. the bottom in your picture. (i include more of the screen so you could see if it was the same as yours)
Next I did the >OK, >SAVE, and closed the window. I then clicked >Sticky icon, >Web Accounts, >Dominos. This open a new tab with Dominos, nothing happened.
SO I clicked Sign In which opened the Login pop up (it was empty). Then clicked >Sticky icon, and clicked the icon (person icon with a0152570) at the top of the sticky window just under the yellow Dominos home page text. You can see the pop up was open below the Sticky menu.

This correctly filed in the fields and after pressing the Sign In within the pop up, I WAS IN. HAZAR!

This fix requires I traverse multiple steps, but it works and is acceptable to me.
John: Was this what you were expecting to happen?
NOTE : If I did as Evzen suggested “checkbox+radiobutton next to the "form1”, got an error when selecting the Domino web account. Probably because it tried to submit the form before the pop up was open so it had no place to put the data. Here is the screen:
Jim C
jimc
New user

Postby John Flyer » Tue May 07, 2013 10:59 pm

<<OK but my screen was just a little different, Note the ‘sign in’ under form1 was at the TOP vs. the bottom in your picture. (i include more of the screen so you could see if it was the same as yours)>>
Your screen is exactly like mine (the upper part is the SP internal part, the lower part is the web page (not shown in my attached image)). You have done exactly what I advised you to do.

To use the account you now have to press 'Launch' in SP, click 'Sign in' in the web page, click the caption button, click the login entry. THAT'S EXACTLY THE BitsDuJour METHOD!!

Support has told me “Unfortunately it´s not possible to fix it.”. I have “protested”; I told them that another (named) application successfully populates the pop-up window after you have clicked 'Sign in'.

We, the demanding users, accept two mouse-clikcks (due to the pop-up window), but we do not accept 4 mouse-clicks. We are in a hurry, we want our pizza, and we want Sticky Password to be the best application of it's kind! So, come on, SP team.
John Flyer
Experienced user

Postby chaosxian » Wed May 08, 2013 5:17 am

I got the Dominos auto-login working from the Launch button. It's a kluge since it won't autoload the homepage login. Instead it logs you into your account profile... but the menu is a click away... :roll:

URL: https://order.dominos.com/en/pages/cust ... mer/login/

From here I set the login manually:
2013-05-07_23h09_37.png

BTW... Papa John's site works fine with Sticky... Maybe it's time you switched... :mrgreen:
chaosxian
Experienced user

Postby jimc » Wed May 08, 2013 3:07 pm

I want to thank everyone, ESPICALLY you John

I really appreciate the time and help. While not the best solution, it does work.

>>“We, the demanding users, accept two mouse-clicks (due to the pop-up window), but we do not accept 4 mouse-clicks. We are in a hurry, we want our pizza, and we want Sticky Password to be the best application of it's kind! So, come on, SP team<<
I totally agree. Sticky is great and we expect the best, you (SP team) should work on a good long term solution! Or John may just post the “other” (named) application that successfully populates the pop-up window after you have clicked 'Sign in'. :twisted:

And to Chaosxian, Thanks ....Yes I knew about the alternate log in page, but not all sites (that have this “issue”, and I know of several) provide a second log in. So I used the provided the Dominos page as an example to work up a solution.
Jim C
jimc
New user

Postby John Flyer » Thu May 09, 2013 10:40 am

You are welcome, Jim. It has been a pleasure to discuss SP and pizza with fellow users. :lol:

I learned to know Sticky through a “clone” in Kaspersky PURE. For years I have used PW database solutions of different brands, I have tested other more well-known solutions, but to me it was an easy choice: Sticky Password has a simple and intuitive interface, it has the features I need, Secure Memos and the Virtual Keyboard (created for security) are both important to me. And they have promised to keep the local database even though the market partially demands to have a cloud solution. In the future we can make our own choice, local or in the cloud.

Another pro with SP: The great support! I have just received another reply, as usual the SP team is very service-minded. I have reported several problematic sites (including BitsDuJour and Domino). The developers are going to analyze the situation. I am sure, if we are patient, we shall have our pizza without problems in the future. Continue your great work, SP staff! :D
John Flyer
Experienced user

Return to Problems with websites