improve of overall sticky speed

If you have any ideas how we can improve Sticky Password, ideas for new features etc. post it here.

improve of overall sticky speed

Postby cry0 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:58 am

Hi,

I really like Sticky Password 6 as well as Sticky Password 7 (only synchronization and android support is a nice feature). But these new features seem to lead to massive speed problems concerning (un)locking SP or opening some menus.
I hope there is a way to improve the overall speed of Sticky Password, otherwise I "have to" stay at version 6, because SP 7 is not that usable for me (I (un)lock SP about 100 times a day and those 2 second delays are really annoying).

However, thank you for this great app and the great support - pleays keep it on.

Kind regards
cry0
cry0
New user

Re: improve of overall sticky speed

Postby petr.pinkas » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:10 am

Hi, which exact version of Sticky Password do you use? How many accounts do you have stored in Sticky Password? Our customer do not have these issues so far, these were only present in Beta testing versions, but we have fixed this and we don't get reports about speed issues.
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Postby cry0 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:34 am

Hi,

Thank you for your fast reply.

I already opened a ticket where I got the answer that this is currently the way SP behaves and you are trying to improve the speed. I opened this forum-thread because I don't want it to be forgotten ;)

I discovered the problem on SP 7.0.2.27 and have stored around 50 web page accounts. It does not matter whether I turn on sync or disable it.

kind regards
cry0
New user

Postby chaosxian » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:20 pm

FWIW, I've noticed a slightly extended delay upon entering the v7 password, compared to v6, maybe 2 seconds, but it is manageable given the vast search speed improvements offered in v7.

I also set my autolock to "Never" as I find locking my PC is sufficient. Personally, entering an unlock password 100 times a day would be far more annoying to me — but to each his own.
chaosxian
Experienced user

Postby cry0 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:18 am

Hi,

I don't want it unlocked too long due to security reasons. If I need a login I press 'STRG + ALT + L', type in my password, load or refresh the webpage and repress 'STRG + ALT + L'. I guess its a fast procedure and the passwords are not always revealed. But if this procedure needs always two more seconds (opening the tools sub-menu in chrome lasts as well two seconds) its not that funny to lock and unlock 100 times a day.

Kind regards
cry0
cry0
New user

Postby cry0 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:32 pm

Hi,

The first is, that I am a bit disappointed that my problem is not interesting anybody of the team.

The second is that the problem is still alive in 7.0.440.
It lasts about 5 seconds to open the password-prompt from the tray-icon. When it appears I have to wait another 5 seconds to be able to input my password. After pressing enter it needs about 3 seconds to show the main application windows. After that it synchronizes and I have to wait another 3 or 4 seconds ... and that's the way the application for me behaves all the time.

I really loved Sticky Password 6 and I will continue using the old version, but the version 7 is way too slow.
My machine is fast (i7, windows 8.1, 8 GB ram) and not many applications are running in the background. I don't know whether it's due to a conflict with another application, but as I mentioned the support is not really interested in this problem.

Sorry for the mean words, but I hope that it will help to get a new answer.

Kind regards
cry0
New user

Postby Evzen » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:10 pm

Don't know how much details did you tell the support guys, but coming here, saying just "it doesn't work" and expecting someone's help is a bit, errrr, naive...

Mind for example sharing your system info or detailed log with us?
Willing to tell us some more details about your setup? Is your setup "totally default", i.e. default Master Password authorization (not USB), your database is located in default location in Documents (sitting on a C: drive), etc.?

BTW, reading your previous November post - I wonder how do you personally understand the difference between "locked" and "unlocked" database? What do you think happens when you "lock" and "unlock" the database?
I'm asking because the more I think about it, the more obscure and unclear I find it.
A few facts:
- the database file itself is not changed anyhow when locked/unlocked
- the data in the file are always encrypted, no matter if file is locked or unlocked
- the data are not cached in memory when database is unlocked
So what the heck does the lock/unlock mean?!
Evzen
Experienced user

Postby cry0 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:29 pm

Hey,

thank you for your answer and sorry for the bad words I wrote yesterday. I did not want to criticize the whole team, I was only a little bit disappointed ;)

You are right, that the file is not changed when having the app unlocked/locked. But I guess that it is possible to retrieve the passwords in plain-text when having it unlocked (e.g. a browser bug or other app's bugs). I agree with you that it is really unlikely, but I guess its a bit more secure when having it locked most of the time.

For me the version 7 feels a bit unstable (not only locking and unlocking). The support team already had a look in some logs ... the answer was that it's the way the app currently behaves. But as I said for me it feels a bit unstable because every action needs a few seconds.
If you have some ideas, please let me know. If needed I can provide some further system information.

Kind regards
cry0
New user

Postby cry0 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:47 pm

Hi,

just to keep my problem in mind.

I would really like to use Sticky Password 7, but as I mentioned in my previous posts every action seems to be delayed. I do not really think that it's the way the application should behave. It's usable but not does not really make fun.

What system information may I provide and which further information do you need?

I would be pleased to hearing from you. Thank you and

kind regards
cry0
cry0
New user

Postby chaosxian » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:42 am

cry0 wrote:I would really like to use Sticky Password 7, but as I mentioned in my previous posts every action seems to be delayed.
I had this experience with v6, but 7 response is much improved.

How many password entries do you have? Are you storing bookmarks as well? Were your password entries imported, or created individually within Sticky? Are you using Sticky locally or in the cloud? Have other password programs responded more quickly? Which ones?
chaosxian
Experienced user

Return to Suggestions and Feature Requests