Change of the "Web Accounts" list in SP

Change of the "Web Accounts" list in SP

Postby gan » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:08 pm

I'm starting to get pretty many accounts registered in SP now and the list is growing. I often use the "caption button -> Web Accounts -> select site/account from list" to visit the website i have registered in SP. If i want to visit a site that might be listed at the end i have to click "More accounts" four times......soon it will be five times. Could it be a good idea to make a redesign here so it turn into a scrollable list when the list is too long to fit on the screen instead which i belive would be much faster and easier to use? It would be kind of similar to the windows start menu or favorites in Internet Explorer when the list is too long to fit into the screen. You click on the Windows start menu button, all programs and can use the wheel on the mouse to scroll up and down in the list of folders. With a similar kind of menu in SP i would click the "caption button -> Web Accounts" and i can use the wheel on the mouse to scroll the list instead of clicking "More Accounts" many times in a row.

I really hope this can be considered as a feature in the close future since the "Web Acounts" list in SP isn't very convenient to use when the list gets long. I also believe it should be pretty easy to implement.

In addition to the scrollable list maybe adding the option to have folders could be a good idea as well. I think these two features would make the "Web Accounts" list a lot more usable when the list is long, but especially the scrollable list would make my life a lot easier:)

-gan
gan
New user

Re: Change of the "Web Accounts" list in SP

Postby petr.pinkas » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:03 pm

Hi gan,

thanks for suggestion, we will discuss it in our team and include it in our plans, because it is really good suggestion.

Regarding the groups, you can already do that, if you use Sticky Password 4. In Manage Database dialog you can create folders as you wish, so please try that, maybe it will help you in the meanwhile.

Also I can recommend you the Quick Launch Box, which is accessible through systray - Quick Launch Box and you can also set a HotKey for that in Settings - Hotkeys. When you use the Quick Launch Box, you just type the first letters of your account or URL and it will appear right bellow the box.
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Postby gan » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:38 pm

Thank you for your reply, nice to see that the group function is already implemented. Not sure how i missed this one in the first place :)

The quick launch box is really nice and i been using this feature as well, but is there a way to say that i want to open the URL in a new tab in IE instead of a new window? I prefer to use tabs instead of a new window for each website i open. Would be nice with a setting to say that the address should be opened in a tab instead of a new window so it's optional for those that prefer the current behavior. Maybe i should add this as a request in a new thread?

For the record i use SP4. I also have to add that i think SP is a great product. It's easy and simple, but still powerful and able to what it's supposed to do in a great way without being filled with all kind of useless features.

gan
gan
New user

Postby petr.pinkas » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:38 am

Yes, this is a known bug and it will be fixed in the next version.

Thank you for you kind words. We always appreciate such feedback and satisfied customers.
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions and Feature Requests