Unlocked Bookmarks in SP

Unlocked Bookmarks in SP

Postby John Flyer » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:04 pm

My wish #1:
The Bookmarks section does not need to be password-protected. I wish a right-click menu with these options when the db is locked (new items in boldface):
Unlock / Bookmarks / Password Generator / Virtual Keyboard / Open Sticky Password / Help / Exit

With a locked db, the virtual keyboard is already available with Ctrl-Alt-V, but it does not hurt with a menu option.

These sections should only be available after opening SP (unchanged):
Web Accounts / App Accounts / Identities / Secure memos / Quick Access (Favorites)/ Settings.

My wish #2:
The list size for Favorites can be set to 1-15. I want the possibility to set the size to 0.

Background for the Bookmarks wish:
The section is not important at all in SP (my personal opinion); the bookmarks are more easily stored in the browser. Due to changes in the security situation, it might be wise to change default browser from time to time. An example for this is the security holes in Java during the recent months. I need Java to access my online banking site. Security advices from organizations all over the world has been: Disable Java in your default browser, use another browser with Java enabled to access your bank. Due to various toolbar problems I have changed between Firefox and Chrome as my default browser/my banking browser (with Internet Explorer as an available alternative).

In such a situation it might be valuable to have a well organized bookmarks section in SP. It can be used along with the browser of your choice. To make the daily computer work as simple as possible, the section should be available even with a locked db.

And of course, use the SP settings in a proper way: Select automatic locking! Even a local database can be accessed by unwanted intruders!
John Flyer
Experienced user

Re: Unlocked Bookmarks in SP

Postby John Flyer » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:47 pm

I should like to learn how other users utilize the Bookmark option in Sticky Password. Do you use this feature as a replacement to the browser's bookmarks? Or like an addition?

What do you think about my wish #1? Is it a bright :idea: ? Or do you feel this way :evil:

Regards, John :roll:
John Flyer
Experienced user

Return to Suggestions and Feature Requests