Global "Password Never Expires"

Global "Password Never Expires"

Postby chaosxian » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:47 am

I understand I can set a global expire date for all passwords using the export function. How do I globally delete password expiration (besides resetting the expire date in the far, far, distant future).
chaosxian
Experienced user

Re: Global "Password Never Expires"

Postby ondrej.novak » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:29 pm

Hi,

if some of your passwords expires, you will get a notification in the system tray when launching Sticky password. There is also an option "Delete all reminders". This option will set all your passwords to "Never expire".

Best regards,
Ondrej Novak
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
ondrej.novak
Sticky Password Guru

Postby chaosxian » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:02 pm

Thanks... I think I got this straight now... To reset all of my records to read "password never expires"... I would set a global expire to tomorrow's date (or a past date if possible) using the export function. Then I would exit Sticky and replace its default database with the newly exported file.

Tomorrow, when I restart Sticky, I will be notified of the expired passwords (hopefully there would be only a single notification, not one per record), and I would select "Delete all reminders" and all of my entries with past expiration dates would be changed to read "password never expires".

That's what I want to do since I inadvertently added unwanted expire dates to each record when I did an export/import.
chaosxian
Experienced user

Postby Evzen » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:44 am

chaosxian wrote:To reset all of my records to read "password never expires"... I would set a global expire to tomorrow's date (or a past date if possible) using the export function. Then I would exit Sticky and replace its default database with the newly exported file.
That's too complicated. It's enough to set the expiration date for one single account's password in the account settings. No need to export and re-import anything.
Set it to past date, save the changes and then exit and re-launch Sticky. After unlocking the DB the expiration reminder balloon will pop up with the option to reset all reminders.
Evzen
Experienced user

Postby chaosxian » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:35 pm

Evzen wrote:
chaosxian wrote:Set it to past date, save the changes and then exit and re-launch Sticky. After unlocking the DB the expiration reminder balloon will pop up with the option to reset all reminders.
Tried that. It only reset the offending record... all others retained their expiration dates. Export with expired date (or near to expire) is the only option for a global reset.
chaosxian
Experienced user

Postby Evzen » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:45 am

Strange. I would bet that it worked when I tried it some time ago...

Okay, then it either doesn't do what it says, or it says something else than it actually does :?
Evzen
Experienced user

Return to Suggestions and Feature Requests