Comments

Comments

Postby JimBob » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:38 am

Upgraded to SP 7.0.

There were suggestions in previous post replies that the new version would support visible comments when a login was activated. I'm not seeing that...

I have also suggested that the login popup that SP displays have a option setting for the duration.
JimBob
New user

Re: Comments

Postby petr.pinkas » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:46 am

Jim, we are just considering it and it has not been implemented yet.

Regarding the login popup - what exactly do you mean?
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Postby JimBob » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:33 pm

Sorry I wasn't clear.

When I log in to a site monitored by SP it will supply a login and password and then the SP icon in the notification area of the taskbar will pop up a display with "successfully loaded". It would be great if this display could:
1) Display a copyable (Ctrl-C) set of comments (I store security questions answers there)
2) Allow me to set how long the pop-up stays on-screen as an option.

I put answers to security questions in the comments for each site. I need to copy a randomized question response to answer the question as I don't allow sites to store cookies. (Your comment on the wisdom of this would be appreciated.)

Perhaps it would be better for SP to allow me to store a special section of "Security Q/A's" rather than comments and have that easily available -- some users may have voluminous comments and be upset by the display.

Right now I have to open SP on my banking sites and click through all the selections to arrive at the Comments display to scroll to the needed answer for the security question.

THanks,
Jim
JimBob
New user

Postby Evzen » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:20 pm

JimBob wrote:When I log in to a site monitored by SP it will supply a login and password and then the SP icon in the notification area of the taskbar will pop up a display with "successfully loaded".
You mean that annoying bubble which is best to be turned off in settings?
Just curious - do you actually NEED/WANT it to be displayed, or you maybe just don't know that it can be turned off?
JimBob wrote:Perhaps it would be better for SP to allow me to store a special section of "Security Q/A's" rather than comments and have that easily available -- some users may have voluminous comments and be upset by the display.
Aren't you actually supposed to KNOW answers to security questions? Or do you actually put some complex 'password strings' as answers to questions like "Your mother's maiden name"? If yes, isn't that a bit too paranoid?

I mean, if someone really cares so much about security, he would never use password manager... sorry, but isn't the idea of having ALL your passwords - no matter how complex they are! - a) STORED somewhere (somewhere else than in your own memory) and b) ALL TOGETHER ON ONE PLACE... totally against all security rules?!
So, the main point of using password manager is rather COMFORT... accompanied by some acceptable (i.e. not obtrusive nor annoying) level of security...
Evzen
Experienced user

Return to Suggestions and Feature Requests