Not adding accounts for certain web pages or domains

Please post here questions and problems with filling forms and account details on websites.

Not adding accounts for certain web pages or domains

Postby Scotty2006 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:18 pm

Is there a way to avoid Sticky Password (v4) showing a box offering to add a new account or login on certain web pages or domains. For example, I do not want to save login information about access to my online banking (for obvious security reasons - but also there are many combinations of questions and answers presented as part of the login process, so a large number of accounts would eventually be created!). I know I can select "Cancel" each time SP4 asks "Would you like to add a new account?", but it gets a bit frustrating and repetitive! Is there a way of choosing never to create a new account for a particular web page URL or domain name? Maybe it exists and I haven't discovered it? If not, it would be a useful feature on a future version. Thanks.

Regards,

Bob
Scotty2006

Re: Not adding accounts for certain web pages or domains

Postby petr.pinkas » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:17 pm

There is an option in Settings - Ignored web addresses. You can add the domain there and you will never be prompted to add an account.

Also you can add the domain to this list when automatic account creation dialog appears - there is a sign next to the cross to close the dialog and by opening it you can selet the domain to "Do not remind me about"
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Postby Scotty2006 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:50 pm

Petr,

Thank you. I thought there must be a facility, but I couldn't find it. I'm stupid! Thanks again.

Regards,

Bob
Scotty2006

Postby petr.pinkas » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:15 am

You are welcome :)
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Return to Problems with websites