Keylogger

Keylogger

Postby xbonize » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:30 pm

Hi,

Since Sticky Password automatically logs me in to the website without the use of the keyboard, keylogger cannot capture my keystrokes. Also if I need to enter sensitive information, virtual keyboard can blocks keylogger and masks the keystrokes. That was great 8-)

But as far as I know, anything that has been copied to the clipboard can be captured by the keylogger right? So, what will happen if I click the "copy" button from the Sticky Password database (to copy the password) and then paste it to the website?? :?
xbonize
New user

Re: Keylogger

Postby xbonize » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:59 am

Can someone from Sticky Password Team help me to clarify this matter??
xbonize
New user

Postby petr.pinkas » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:59 am

Hello,

this is solved in our new Sticky Password 6, which is still under Beta. We encrypt also the content of the clipboard, so it is not possible for any keylogger to get the content of the clipboard.
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Postby xbonize » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:19 pm

Hi petr.pinkas,

Thanks for your reply. I have another question.

Let say someone gains physical access to my Sticky Password database file (in the in lock mode, either on a local hard drive, a usb drive or even on the cloud storage) and he doesn't knows the master password. Can he/she read my password and secure memo by using password cracking method like brute-force cracking, dictionary attacks and so on?

Looking forward to assistance and replies here.
xbonize
New user

Postby petr.pinkas » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:43 pm

Hi,

well once your master password is cracked - then he can read the whole database of course. Like in any other related field - one your password is broken, the hacker or whoever it is gains control over that account or something, which is secured and encrypted by the password. However it is not possible to read anything from the database, when it is locked and encrypted by the master password.
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Postby mashir » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:18 am

Hi, I'm new here. I know from Yahoo Answer that keylogger logs keystrokes, passwords, emails and so on on the computer. If I have a keylogger which was installed by family member on my computer before I use sticky password, (and I don't notice that I have a keylogger), and I type all my passwords and some other important information on my computer, and both the keylogger and sticky password log my password, what can I do in order to prevent information leaks?
some family members installed a remote spy or something like keylogger on my laptop..
mashir

Postby petr.pinkas » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:55 am

You can use our Virtual Keyboard. It hides the keystrokes and it is not traceable by any keylogger.
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Postby janerysong » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:58 am

mashir wrote:Hi, I'm new here. I know from Yahoo Answer that keylogger logs keystrokes, passwords, emails and so on on the computer. If I have a keylogger which was installed by family member on my computer before I use sticky password, (and I don't notice that I have a keylogger), and I type all my passwords and some other important information on my computer, and both the keylogger and sticky password log my password, what can I do in order to prevent information leaks?

Myjad keylogger software would probably record keystrokes from an O/S soft keyboard like Microsoft, depending on where exactly it hooks into the operating system.
janerysong

Postby hesterl » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:13 pm

xbonize wrote: what will happen if I click the "copy" button from the Sticky Password database (to copy the password) and then paste it to the website?? :?

I don't know every keylogger but I know anyKeylogger which I used half a year, can't record typed info typed by virtual keyboard but can record any clipboard. I have test, It can record the password.
hesterl

Return to Sticky Password PRO 5