auto fill passwords

auto fill passwords

Postby comtor » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:33 pm

I use Windows XP, MSN Internet Explorer and my autofill on my websites and applications used to work just fine and now I can't get "Sticky Password" to autofill anything. What could I be doing to prevent autofill from working.
comtor

Re: auto fill passwords

Postby ondrej.novak » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:46 pm

Hi comtor,

which version of Sticky Password and Internet Explorer are you using please?

Have you made some updates or new installations on your computer before this error appeared?

Best regards,
Ondrej Novak
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
ondrej.novak
Sticky Password Guru

Postby raydens » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:35 am

Hello!
I have the same problem with version 5.0.4.232, it appears either in IE (9.0) or in Opera (11.50).
I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate with all updates.
So can anybody help get rid of this autofill all the forms? Just as a webpage has been loaded it automatically filled all the entries.
raydens
New user

Postby petr.pinkas » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:45 am

Do you use 32 or 64bit version of Windows 7?
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Postby raydens » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:29 am

petr.pinkas wrote:Do you use 32 or 64bit version of Windows 7?

Windows 7 32bit.. As I see OS doesn't matter much, 'cause comtor has the same on Windows XP..
But I'll be very appreciate for any help..
raydens
New user

Postby petr.pinkas » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:49 am

Check systray - Settings - Supported browsers. Is your browser in the list of Installed section?
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Postby raydens » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:10 am

petr.pinkas wrote:Check systray - Settings - Supported browsers. Is your browser in the list of Installed section?

of course they are both there.. as you can see on screenshot
Attachments
ScreenShot064.png
ScreenShot064.png (28.74 KiB) Viewed 2578 times
raydens
New user

Postby petr.pinkas » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:00 am

Please try to uninstall the add-on from Sticky Password settings.

Open Opera browser and go to Extensions - Manage Extensions - locate Sticky Password Autofill Engine and press Uninstall.

Close Opera, go to Sticky Password Settings - Supported browsers - select Opera and press Install.
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Postby raydens » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:26 am

petr.pinkas wrote:Please try to uninstall the add-on from Sticky Password settings.
Open Opera browser and go to Extensions - Manage Extensions - locate Sticky Password Autofill Engine and press Uninstall. Close Opera, go to Sticky Password Settings - Supported browsers - select Opera and press Install.

I've done all this and still got no result. Webpage loads and at the moment I can see my login and password..
One more thing.. I've said that it appears in IE also, so the problem is not in Opera..
raydens
New user

Postby petr.pinkas » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:07 pm

What exactly your problems is? You have written it autofills all the sites - it is supposed to work like that - to autofill sites, where have you saved your credentials.
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Postby raydens » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:04 pm

petr.pinkas wrote:What exactly your problems is? You have written it autofills all the sites - it is supposed to work like that - to autofill sites, where have you saved your credentials.

Well, probably I'm not very good in English and it's not so easy for me to explain this, but I'll try..
Yes, it autofills the entries on websites and it's the main purpose of this program, BUT, why it's doing this before I click the button and thus ''tell'' it to autofill these entries?
I think, I should show what I mean, see on the screenshot: just as the page was loaded my login and password are already filled in, though I didn't click anything. It's not normal behavior I suppose. The program should be waiting for the user's action, when he/she wants it to autofill the entries, but not to autofill them just as the webpage was loaded.
That's what I'm trying to tell you, and if there is any solution of this?
Attachments
ScreenShot022.png
ScreenShot022.png (12.83 KiB) Viewed 2153 times
raydens
New user

Postby petr.pinkas » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:25 pm

Yes, this is normal behavior - you just go to the site and you are logged in automatically - time saving. Or you can for each account select, that you don't want to be signed-in automatically.
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Postby raydens » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:29 pm

petr.pinkas wrote:Yes, this is normal behavior - you just go to the site and you are logged in automatically - time saving. Or you can for each account select, that you don't want to be signed-in automatically.

Well, I'm not talking about ''logged in automatically'' - it's a different theme (and I know about that option you meant here), we are talking about autofilling the entries. I just don't want the program to autofill the entries after the webpage was loaded, it should give the user an opportunity to choose if he/she wants to fill them or not.
raydens
New user

Postby petr.pinkas » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:37 pm

In this case, this is not possible to set now, but will be able to set in our next version since users want this.
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Postby raydens » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:07 am

Thanks, that's all I wanted to hear, so I'm looking forward to this new version to be released.
raydens
New user

Return to Sticky Password PRO 5