How do I make SP work with Outlook?

How do I make SP work with Outlook?

Postby askay » Fri May 27, 2011 2:24 am

I'm using the trial version which will expire soon. If I can figure out how to make SP5 work with Outlook 2007, I'll buy it. But all my attempts so far have failed. Our Outlook runs with a cloud-based Exchange server, so when I open Outlook I get a WinXP Connect to box from the remote server, similar to a VPN log-in box. Try as I might, I've not been able to get SP to enter the password into that dialog box. How do I set this up?

Best,
Alan
askay

Re: How do I make SP work with Outlook?

Postby petr.pinkas » Fri May 27, 2011 8:10 am

Have you used Sticky Pointer to create an account in the dialog?

http://www.stickypassword.com/help/v5_0 ... _17865.htm

Is there in a top right corner the Sticky Button available?
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Re: How do I make SP work with Outlook?

Postby askay » Fri May 27, 2011 7:04 pm

Thanks, Petr! I did have Outlook set up; when I checked the database, it was listed as an application. But the icon didn't appear up-top. I deleted Outlook from the database, then opened it again. I found that when the connect to dialog box is on-screen, SP appears to be frozen -- I can't make it do anything from the page-bottom icon. My workaround is to cancel the connect to dialog and let Outlook open locally, telling me in the bottom bar that it needs the password to connect to Exchange server. When I tell it with the Inbox open on the screen to connect to Exchange, SP works, and the icon shows in the top bar. But after shutting down and restarting, it doesn't show, I get no response from SP to the connect to box, and I have to repeat the above procedure.

Best,
Alan
askay

Return to Sticky Password PRO 5