Bank site multi-page login

Please post here questions and problems with filling forms and account details on websites.

Bank site multi-page login

Postby Sticks » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:16 pm

For the lack of knowing what to call this subject I am unable to find info on how to approach the below correctly.

I have two sites which SP can "almost" operate in.

A. One is a banking site which has this sequence of logging in:

1. Login page (SP works): Enter Login > press Enter > goto 2nd page.
2. 2nd page (SP doesn't work): answer 2 Questions out of three possible questions> for example:
- Your favorite color
- favorite movie
> press Enter goto page 3
3. 3rd page (SP works): Enter Password > Press Enter

SP handles step 1 and 3 fine. Step 3 works only after I've manually input the info in step 2. Here's the situation with step 2.
Step 2's two questions change in order, i.e. the 1st question is sometimes the 2nd question. To complicate things, step 2 may also change out one of the above two questions and replace it with a 3rd question.

I tried to manually edit this portion of the login process by adding the three variables but SP stops on step 2. Only after I enter the info and hit ENTER, does SP continue to operate properly on step 3.
Is there a way to input the info on step 2. If so can you provide an example with steps?

The above is not an inconvenience to me, but if I can automate the whole process that would be quite an accomplishment.

B. Pop-up login window.

1A. I have encountered a few sites which; after clicking on the login button, a pop-up login window appears and SP does not fill in. http://imageshack.us/ is a classic example.

2A. Dropshots: http://www.dropshots.com/ is another example. Here, Dropshots main page contains a Join application that contains the UN and PW fields but a member doesn't login via these fields. SP Fills in those two fields. But to login one has to click the login button which produces a pop-up window. SP doesn't fill in this window.

Are there work-arounds for the above circumstances?

Thanks
Bill
Sticks
New user

Re: Bank site multi-page login

Postby ondrej.novak » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:43 am

Hi Sticks,

Regarding A:

Unfortunately Sticky Password is not able to handle such security features. You have to select it manually.

Regarding B:

I´ve checked this sites. We´ll try to fix it.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have about Sticky Password.

Best regards,
Ondrej Novak
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
ondrej.novak
Sticky Password Guru

Re: Bank site multi-page login

Postby Sticks » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:54 pm

Thanks Ondrej:

Np with the bank sites. It really isn't much of concern. The annoying ones are the sites with the pop-up login windows as the two I mentioned. Having to copy the pw's and type in the login name is a pain if one has as many pw's as I do and can't remember them all. :mrgreen:

Thanks for your reply
Bill
Sticks
New user

Return to Problems with websites