popup box

Please post here problems with web browsers and applications.

popup box

Postby mccorm79 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:04 pm

Sometimes, I get a popup box (like a tooltip) asking me to select a username for facebook. I have 4 separate accounts on facebook. The popup box under the username textbox list all my accounts. I hover my mouse over the correct one and select it when it works. This feature works less than 1% of the time. Other times, I need to manaully enter the username or password into the username and password box. Sticky password does not prompt me (most of the time) to select a username for an account.

When the feature works:
I go to facebook.com
under the email textbox, I get a popup box almost like a tooltip under it. It list my 4 accounts. I can select one from the list. I pick one and the password textbox is filled out and sticky password logs me in.

When it fails (about 99% of the time)
My last email address I logged on with it entered. If I clear it, no prompt.
I have to manual enter my account.
If the email address textbox is empty on initial load, it still does not work.

Google chrome 12.0.742.122 m works 1% of the time. fails 99%
Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421 fails 100%. works. still waiting.

Another issue:
If I click on the sticky password icon in google chrome for facebook (I have 4 accounts), sticky password takes me to facebook, but does not provide any login. In IE, the sticky password icon seems to bring me to facebook and prompt me for a password about 40% of the time. The results seem very random to me.

I do not have any issues with single accounts per web sites. The problem is when I have multiple accounts with a same website, like facebook. Sticky Password does not prompt or do anything.

Windows 7 Ultimate all the updates have been installed for IE and windows.

attached a picture of the popup box.
mccorm79

Re: popup box

Postby ondrej.novak » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:34 pm

Hi mccorm79,

the main problem is that the pop-up box with your logins doesn´t appear, right? Could you try to refresh the site? Or click on the Caption Button (in the upper right corner of your browser) and select the Login from the menu.

Please let me know.

We´ll do our best to find a solution.

Best regards,
Ondrej Novak
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
ondrej.novak
Sticky Password Guru

Postby mccorm79 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:18 pm

the main problem is that the pop-up box with your logins doesn´t appear:

Yes

I can pick log ins by clicking on the caption. It works in both IE and chrome. The weird issue was why the box with the logins appears and then does not appear. The behavior of that popup box with logins appearing is very random. I am using the same url string that is stored in the database. I would prefer to find out the sequence that causes the popup box with logins to appear instead of going to the caption and picking a login.

single site logins I love the program, multiple logins for a same site and program seems buggy or the behavior is very random. one time it shows the popup box and other 10 times nothing. then it appears and does not appear again for 20-30 times. then it appears every 1 out of 3 times. random behavior. I like the popup box approach, but would like to know how to make it appear instead of the caption method.
mccorm79

Postby petr.pinkas » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:53 am

The pou-up box should appear only the first time you visit the site in the current session - opened browser - so if you go to one site for the first time you have started your browser and opened the website it will show up. Then if you go there next time, it won't show up as you could get in cycle. Does is work for you this way?
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Postby mccorm79 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:46 am

It works the first or second time I open the browser. I am ok with it. maybe in a future releases the developers could make it appear all the time. I like it and wish it would appear everytime.

I mark the issue as resolved.
mccorm79

Postby xbonize » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:32 pm

I face same problem like mccorm79 which is the pop-up box doesn´t always appear. I'm really hope that Sticky Password 6 would have this pop-up box appear everytime.
xbonize
New user

Return to Problems with web browsers and applications