Crashes Firefox 18

Please post here problems with web browsers and applications.

Crashes Firefox 18

Postby Gadget57 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:16 am

As soon as I upgraded Firefox to version 18, Firefox started crashing every few minutes. I tried several different things to stop it, including resetting Firefox. But as soon as I re-enabled the Sticky Password Add-On, Firefox started crashing again within minutes. Firefox runs just fine without the Sticky Password Add-On enabled. I have checked for Sticky Password updates, but it says no new updates are available. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Mike :(
Gadget57

Re: Crashes Firefox 18

Postby petr.pinkas » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:42 am

We are very sorry about that, currently our developers are working on a fix for this issue and we should be ready to release the update for this soon. Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

If you have any specific steps on when does it crash, please let us know. Seems like it is very random.
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Re: Crashes Firefox 18 == NOT Random

Postby cibola » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:46 am

No, it is NOT random. It is very predictable and can be duplicated.

Any time auto-fill plug-in is enabled Firefox 18 memory usage rapidly increases until Firefox crashes. Repeatedly.

Disable auto-fill plug-in and all is well.
cibola

Re: Crashes Firefox 18

Postby petr.pinkas » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:45 am

We know about the memory consumption, but we can not locate the reason of this. Strange is, that Firefox 19 is stable with our product, there is probably something wrong with the Firefox 18 as some other product has similar issues too.
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Return to Problems with web browsers and applications