SP for iPhone Database export password restriction

Please post here questions and problems which doesn´t fit to any other category.

SP for iPhone Database export password restriction

Postby Blurayfan » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:03 am

I would like clarification as to the why is the user unable to use anything but latin alphanumeric symbols when setting a password for the iPhone database export file and also ask that you update stickypassword to remove this restriction. I would like to keep this password the same as my master pass but due to the requirement I'm not able to. The iPhone does allow me to use symbols such as $, !, etc. just by pressing the number (.?123) key followed by the shift (#+=) key.

Thanks
Blurayfan
New user

Re: SP for iPhone Database export password restriction

Postby ondrej.novak » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:16 pm

Hi Bluerayfan,

unfortunately this is a restriction of the iOS system. It does not allow to edit the data for the password field.

We would like to improve it of course but at this time we cannot do anything to resolve this issue.

Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,
Ondrej Novak
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
ondrej.novak
Sticky Password Guru

Postby Blurayfan » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:46 pm

ondrej.novak wrote:Hi Bluerayfan,

unfortunately this is a restriction of the iOS system. It does not allow to edit the data for the password field.

We would like to improve it of course but at this time we cannot do anything to resolve this issue.

Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

I'm not referring to changing the password in the database through the iPhone app. What the post was asking is why the restriction to only use latin alphanumeric symbols is in place when creating the iPhone export file on the sticky password desktop version. Since as I stated the iPhone keyboard does allow a user to enter non alphanumeric symbols. It appears to be a programming design decision rather than iOS restriction.
Blurayfan
New user

Postby ondrej.novak » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:07 pm

Hi Bluerayfan,

I´m sorry for my inexact reply.

The iOS doesn´t accept any other type of data than alphanumeric symbols for the password field. Even if you re able to type them.

Best regards,
Ondrej Novak
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
ondrej.novak
Sticky Password Guru

Postby Blurayfan » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:30 pm

ondrej.novak wrote:Hi Bluerayfan,

I´m sorry for my inexact reply.

The iOS doesn´t accept any other type of data than alphanumeric symbols for the password field. Even if you re able to type them.

Best regards,

I have been able to successfully enter the following password I just had sticky password generate for use in another iPhone app (Forum Runner) and as a secondary verification changed my WiFi network password to and the iPhone is connected to the network using the new password.

Generated Password: W9aF&5euO@1hZC8^DIm#
Blurayfan
New user

Return to Other