How to do a CLEAN INSTALL of SP?

Please post here questions and problems which doesn´t fit to any other category.

How to do a CLEAN INSTALL of SP?

Postby kiteboarder » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:30 pm

Hi, could someone please tell me how to go about doing a clean install of SP.

I would like to do this and not loose all of my valuable password data that SP has been AWESOME about keeping ready at my fingertips.

Thanks and LOVE your product and have been using it for many years!
kiteboarder
New user

Re: How to do a CLEAN INSTALL of SP?

Postby Blurayfan » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:46 pm

kiteboarder wrote:Hi, could someone please tell me how to go about doing a clean install of SP.

I would like to do this and not loose all of my valuable password data that SP has been AWESOME about keeping ready at my fingertips.

Thanks and LOVE your product and have been using it for many years!

The password database and backups by default is stored in a sub folder Sticky Passwords in your My Documents folder if you save that folder you could do a clean uninstall and install without worry of losing your passwords. After you do the clean install just copy the saved file to the location mentioned above before starting sticky password then the program will use your pre-existing database.
Blurayfan
New user

Postby UPieper » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:57 am

...or you could click on "manage database" and then first export the database and after the new installation import the database.....very easy
UPieper
New user

Postby ondrej.novak » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:24 pm

Thanks to Blurayfan and UPieper for their comments.

Just a note: your database file in the folder Documents/Sticky Passwords is called default.pws. You can backup just this file or the whole folder (with all the backups) before reinstalling Sticky Password to be sure that your data are secure.

Best regards,
Ondrej Novak
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
ondrej.novak
Sticky Password Guru

Return to Other