muti page logon

muti page logon

Postby miniball » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:36 pm

Hi I'm a newbie to sticky password. My bank site requires a two page logon, the first page asks for the account number and password and then redirects to a page that ask 3 security questions. Is there any way to create a first login that will redirect to the second page to fill in the 3 passwords on that page?
Roll Tide all year long!
miniball

Re: muti page logon

Postby petr.pinkas » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:53 am

Which version of Sticky Password and which version of browser do you use? Also what is the URL of this problematic site?
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Postby miniball » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:56 pm

I am using pro version 6.0.7.436 on Google Chrome 24.0.1312 and Firefox V18, The URL is http://www.redfcu.org. It fills this page but then redirects to another page the has 3 security questions that I have not been able to get it to fill them. Roboform did fine but I refuse to pay another $30.00 for a program that I have already paid for.
Roll Tide all year long!
miniball

Postby ondrej.novak » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:51 pm

Hi,

have you been bale to create an account in Sticky Password which autofills correctly the data on the first page?

Unfortunately we are unable to access the second page without a valid login. Are these 3 security questions always the same? Or are they changing and you have to fill just one of them?

Best regards,
Ondrej Novak
Sticky Password Team

ondrej.novak
Sticky Password Guru

Postby miniball » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:45 pm

Yes the first page auto fills correctly and then goes to the second page with the 3 security questions. These 3 questions are always the same.
Roll Tide all year long!
miniball

Postby miniball » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:07 pm

Here is a screen shot of the second page
redstone.jpg
Roll Tide all year long!
miniball

Postby ondrej.novak » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:32 pm

Hi,

if these replies on these 3 questions are always the same, it should be possible to handle it using the Manual Form Edit feature if the URL of the second login page is different. Could you please check it?

It will be necessary to tie the current account to the first login page, then create a second account for the second login page (different URL) and then set the fields on the second login page using the Manual Form Edit feature.

Please let me know.

Best regards,
Ondrej Novak
Sticky Password Team

ondrej.novak
Sticky Password Guru

Postby brb0451 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:16 pm

I also need some instructions for combining a two-step login for my bank. The first screen is a user ID and the second is a Password. I am comparing your product to a more famous product that handles this process correctly without much effort on my part. I am looking to switch for all my computers both business and personal and I don't like how this process works in the other product and I don't really want all my stuff stored and synced in the cloud which is how they want to handle syncing passwords.
brb0451

Postby ondrej.novak » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:54 pm

Hi,

Sticky Password should offer you to add an account in the second step of the login process but sometimes it doesn´t work automatically as banking sites often has additional security features which block (and are implemented to block) filling login fields by third party applications.

In such causes it should be possible to add an account manually. Actually it´s necessary to add a separate account for each login step if the URLs of the first and the second login pages are different.

So you can navigate to the first login page, click on the Caption Button in the upper right corner of your browser, select add account and add an account for the first page which includes the login field. Then navigate to the Sticky Password main window - Web accounts - select this account - More - Edit - Options tab and set the "Tie account to" option to "Specific web page of the Link above".

Then you will be able to add another account for the second login step with a different URL. Add the account for the password page by following the same steps as for the login page.

Best regards,
Ondrej Novak
Sticky Password Team

ondrej.novak
Sticky Password Guru

Return to Sticky Password PRO