Version 7 popup

Version 7 popup

Postby ellison » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:35 pm

Hi..
Im getting a version 7 popup every time my pc boots .As well as being annoying its actually causing slowdowns loading other programes.Anyway to turn this off?.I appreciate having news about a new version ,but the pop up is a real put off.
thanks
Attachments
sshot-1.jpg
ellison
New user

Re: Version 7 popup

Postby Evzen » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:53 pm

How exactly do you close the popup?
Evzen
Experienced user

Postby ellison » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:04 am

The x button top right hand corner and on 2 occasions had to use task manager.I really dont expect these sort of intrusive popups from paid software.Do you know of any settings to stop them?
Thanks
ellison
New user

Postby Evzen » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:23 am

In which order exactly it was?
I guess the two kills via task manager came first and the close button was the last try, wasn't it?

AFAIK only proper closing the popup window (via the close button) stops the popup from appearing again.

I'm on version 6 too and I got the popup about 2 days ago... I left it opened (purposely) and then had to restart the computer twice - the popup opened right after starting Sticky (even covering the unlock dialog so I couldn't get to it!).
Since the moment I closed the popup using the red close button, I have not seen it again.
Evzen
Experienced user

Postby ellison » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:38 am

I may have tried task manager first as the popup was causing freezing.I have unchecked auto updates as i assume this popup is downloaded through the update checking?.Ive also blocked retrieval of that url in my ad blocker just in case
http://www.stickypassword.com/campaign/ ... enText3978
ellison
New user

Return to Sticky Password PRO