Multiple problems

Please post here questions and problems with filling forms and account details on websites.

Multiple problems

Postby oscar » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:21 am

I'm having a few different problems:

1 - Installing 30-day pro trial instead of free version.
I'm trying to install the free version and went to the products page and clicked the download for the free version. It downloads stpass_free_504233.exe which I assume is supposed to be the free version. However when I run the install it tells me the trial will expire in 30 days.

2 - Not auto-submitting forms. I couldn't find any documentation that clearly stated whether SP is just supposed to fill the password fields, or if its supposed to submit the form after filling the fields. Usually it isn't submitting the forms but about 1 try in 5 it will.

3 - Sites with id on one page and password on another. I have several sites, mostly banking sites, that have only the ID on the first page and the password on the 2nd. Sometimes they'll enter the id and submit so the 2nd page comes up, sometimes they won't. I can't figure out why or what the behavior is supposed to be.
oscar

Re: Multiple problems

Postby ondrej.novak » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:29 pm

Hi oscar,

1) Did you have some other Sticky Password installations (TRIAL, PRO) on your computer before installing FREE?

2) Sticky Password autofills your login details and should also auto sign you in. This feature is optional but should be set as default. Please check if you have this option selected in Manage Database - (select account) - press "Edit" - "Links" tab - "Automatically activate account after loading" option

3) Do you have these problems at random on some specific site? Could you please send me the URL of this site? I´ll check it.

Best regards,
Ondrej Novak
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
ondrej.novak
Sticky Password Guru

Postby oscar » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:43 pm

1) Did you have some other Sticky Password installations (TRIAL, PRO) on your computer before installing FREE?

I never installed any version of SP before yesterday. It's possible I accidentally installed the Trial version first instead of the free version. I've uninstalled repeatedly including manually deleting the \Documents\StickyPasswords folder containing the .pws files.

2) Sticky Password autofills your login details and should also auto sign you in. This feature is optional but should be set as default. Please check if you have this option selected in Manage Database - (select account) - press "Edit" - "Links" tab - "Automatically activate account after loading" option

That option is checked for all the sites I've used.

On further testing what I'm seeing is that the first time I access a site, SP fills the id/password boxes and submits the form. After logging out it will only fill the form, not resubmit the password, unless I close the browser and try again.

3) Do you have these problems at random on some specific site? Could you please send me the URL of this site? I´ll check it.

I think this is similar to what I've described above. 1st time SP submits the id and fills the password on the 2nd screen. The form on the 2nd screen is never auto-submitted by SP. After signing out and trying again, SP won't auto-submit the id either.
I'd really like it if SP would auto submit the ID from 1st page & auto-submit the password from 2nd page, but I could live with it consistently submitting the ID and me manually submitting the password page.
I can send you one of the sites by email - what's your email address?

Thank you.
oscar

Postby ondrej.novak » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:27 pm

Hi oscar,

thank you for your reply.

Previous installation of TRIAL is probably the problem. Please wait until the end of the trial period and then Sticky Password will offer you to switch to PRO or FREE. You can use Sticky Password of course for this period. Please remember that only 15 accounts can be actively used in FREE.

Regarding the auto sign-in issue - this behavior is correct. Sticky Password doesn´t auto sign you in when you logout because on many sites could happen the problem that after logout you´re navigated to the login page, Sticky Password fills your login details and signs you in. So you would never be able to logout until you close Sticky Password.

Best regards,
Ondrej Novak
Sticky Password Team

ondrej.novak
Sticky Password Guru

Postby oscar » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:38 am

Thanks for the replies - I think that clears up everything about site logins. It's working as you've described.

FYI that I just downloaded & installed the "free" version on another laptop that had never had SP installed before ... and again it installed the 30 day trial version instead of the free version. I'm downloading from http://www.stickypassword.com/products and clicking the download button under the "Sticky Password FREE" column, which takes me to http://www.stickypassword.com/download/download-thank-you?fid=spinstfree&src=productdwnbtn

If you intend for there to be a free, non-trial version I think you should check that link and make sure what's out there is what you think it is.
oscar

Postby ondrej.novak » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:02 pm

Hi oscar,

many thanks for the valuable info.

We´ll for sure check it.

Best regards,
Ondrej Novak
Sticky Password Team

ondrej.novak
Sticky Password Guru