Propagating info to other log-ins (COMMENT section)

Please post here only problems with Sticky Password database - unable to read, damaged database etc.

Propagating info to other log-ins (COMMENT section)

Postby Lynn » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:10 pm

I have currently noticed that when I edit a web account log-in click on OPTIONS tab edit the COMMENT section it propagates to all log-ins of the same site.

example: three log-ins to a email site I edit the comment section of log-in number one and do not click on the other two at all what I edited in the comment section of log-in number one propagates too the other two log-ins.

this shouldn't happen, as different info needs to be unique to each log-in.

what is causing this and how can i fix it?

I am using version 6 pro 6.0.16.478 on a win7 pro OS and generally access the web using chrome currently version 35.0.1916.153 m and is up to date as of this writing.
Lynn
New user

Re: Propagating info to other log-ins (COMMENT section)

Postby chaosxian » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:16 am

The comment field is common to all logins for a Web Account. For example I have 6 email accounts with my ISP. Under my ISP's Web Account, the comment field independent of the login. If I want to record the answer to password recovery security questions for each account, I include the account identification with each security question response.
chaosxian
Experienced user

Re: Propagating info to other log-ins (COMMENT section)

Postby ondrej.novak » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:27 pm

Hi,

thank you for your suggestion. The Comment is currently really shared for all logins of one account. However thank you for your suggestion, it makes sense. We will check how difficult it would be to change it and when it will be possible to implement this update.

Best regards,
Ondrej Novak
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
ondrej.novak
Sticky Password Guru

Return to Problems with database