Problem with SP6 Pro and Opera plugin

Please post here problems with web browsers and applications.

Problem with SP6 Pro and Opera plugin

Postby martink » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:44 pm

SP Pro v6.0.8.427
I updated to the latest version of Opera but SP6 shows Opera as not being installed. I pointed SP6 to opera.exe and installed the plugin, but nothing showed in Opera. I tried uninstalling the Opera plugin but I get "error uninstalling autofill plugin from Opera". Re-installed Opera but no change. Where do I go from here?
martink
New user

Re: Problem with SP6 Pro and Opera plugin

Postby ondrej.novak » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:48 pm

Please navigate to Settings - Supported browsers and check if Opera is listed as "Installed". If it´s not installed, install it by pressing the "Install" button. If it's installed, uninstall it by pressing the "Uninstall" button and then reinstall it by pressing the "Install" button".
Ondrej Novak
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
ondrej.novak
Sticky Password Guru

Postby martink » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:46 pm

Sorry for the late reply, life took over for a while.

I had already done as you said but was getting nowhere and eventually I left it until today. This time I deleted both copies of Opera, installed and portable, along with any other references to Opera I could find, only one actually. SP6 was still allowing me to install and uninstall the portable Opera add-on, even though I no longer had Opera installed anywhere. I re-installed Opera and this time the SP extension installed correctly, and at last the checkmark, which had been saying the (non-existent) portable Opera extension was installed, disappeared. I decided not to install another portable version.

All very strange, and no answer to what was happening, but at least it is sorted out now.
martink
New user

Postby ondrej.novak » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:13 pm

Hi,

I´m not sure what could cause this issue. If you´ll be experiencing any more problems, please let us know at support@stickypassword.com.

Best regards,
Ondrej Novak
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
ondrej.novak
Sticky Password Guru

Return to Problems with web browsers and applications