Browsers

Please post here problems with web browsers and applications.

Browsers

Postby NubCake » Thu May 31, 2012 4:37 pm

I really dont understand how noone has any problem with Sticky Password, i can't seem to get it to work, no matter what i do and no matter how i do it, i'm talking about passwords that are stored in database, but those can only be used in FIREFOX (if i save that password in firefox), there's no freaking way to use that password on Chrome, there's no login for Chrome if you wanna go on a page which has saved password in Firefox... Yes, i tryed EVERYTHING, but doesn't work :) I'm not bad with computers (since i'm on college in computer engineering and computer science), but there's no way to get that to work and this didnt work in Sticky Password 4, nor 5 and it doesnt in 6... It didnt work on Windows 7 and it doesnt work on Windows 8 eather, it doesnt work on my laptop eather :)

So i was forced to move to "LastPass" which works flawlessly, but lacks of functionality, but it's working as it should.

I know what you might think now, i didn't buy the product, so i have nothing to do here, but i'm not going to buy a product that doesnt work, i allways test it before :)

I'm sorry if i typed that, i didnt want to insult anyone or ofend anyone, i'm just a little angry because it's frustrating me (= And don't understand me wrong, i LOVE Sticky Password, everything works very well, except that i can't use logins in 2 diffrent browsers...

Greetingz
NubCake
New user

Re: Browsers

Postby petr.pinkas » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:57 am

Hello,

can you let me know about which website are you talking about? It works for everyone, so it should work for you too, but we need details :) Your system information too - systray - help - system info

Thank you
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Postby NubCake » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:19 pm

Maybe i wasn't clear enough :P The problem is that it doesn't work on any website, it just doesn't recognize the database, like it would be empty, it only works for Firefox, but not for Chrome, Chrome has the extension installed, but when you click on it there's 0 Accounts in it, in other words, it doesn't sync accounts between Firefox and Chrome for me, it simply doesn't work, i'll make some screenshots later and i''ll give you that info, but i can't now, cuz i'm installing Windows 8 Release Preview :P There's about 0.1% chance it will work after i install that, but please don't tell me it's Windows 8 fold, cuz it didn't work for Windows 7 eather :)
NubCake
New user

Postby petr.pinkas » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:14 am

OK, awaiting that information. Have you tried to reinstall Sticky Password? And the plugin?

As for Windows 8 - it is still in Beta, so we do not support it officially.
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Postby icefires » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:34 pm

I recently purchased Pro 6. My browser is Google Chrome.

When I log into a website, isn't Sticky Password supposed to pop up and ask me if I want to add the login and password to the database?

What am I doing wrong?

FYI - I used to own Pro 5 and never had any issues.

Thanks.
icefires

Postby chrysler » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:14 pm

I've got the exact same problem as Icefires and Nubcakes. I recently made Chrome my new default browser and StickyPassword does not load like it does in IE and FF. I checked SP Forum for any issues and found that with Chromes recent upgrade, SP was working on a solution and chalked it up to that and thought it would get fixed. But, that doesn't seem to be the problem and I can't figure it and it's not from a lack of trying. Any ideas :idea: or suggestions :?: to enable SP on GC would be time saving and appreciated :!: Thanks
chrysler

Postby chrysler » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:33 pm

OK....I don't know exactly what I did but Sticky Password is working on my Chrome browser exactly like it should and does on IE & FF. I right clicked systray and went into Settings and then into Supported Browsers to make sure the Chrome extension was installed and the box was checked in the affirmative. I unchecked the box and cancelled out of settings. I then went back in through systray just like before to Supported Browsers and this time checked the installed button next to Google Chrome and clicked exit. The next thing I did was attempt to access a website that Sticky Password has the login & password to and....Viola, it worked. I had to triple check which browser I was using cause I couldn't believe that it was Chrome....freaking miracle. Don't know if it will work for anyone else experiencing the same problem or even if it is a viable fix, but it can't hurt to try. Good luck and let me us know if it works for you.

Thanks, C
chrysler

Postby petr.pinkas » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:48 am

That is not a miracle, that is just the fact, the Chrome and Firefox are evolving and updating their versions so quickly, that nobody can react - producers of add-ons. So the best way is sometimes to reinstall the add-ons and it starts working. Just try that and let us know if that worked.
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Return to Problems with web browsers and applications