Updating passwords isn't clear

If you have any ideas how we can improve Sticky Password, ideas for new features etc. post it here.

Updating passwords isn't clear

Postby mrheeltoe » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:20 am

I just installed and so far I like the program. I am having trouble with one issue though.

I am in the process of generating new and unique passwords for a number of websites. When I log in and go to the change password area of many sites I am auto-generating the new passwords, and am manually entering the old one. When I click to submit on the site, Stick PW prompts me if I want to Add New account, Add New and Edit, or Cancel.

I need an option to Update Existing Account with New PW.

Am I doing something wrong? I hope there is a solution here. I do have some cases where I will be updating passwords on a regular basis.
mrheeltoe

Re: Updating passwords isn't clear

Postby ondrej.novak » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:01 pm

Hi,

unfortunately your account is saved for some exact URL. The form where you change your password is usually placed on a different URL than the login form. Sticky Password offers you to save a new account because you don´t have a saved account for the URL.

The best way is to cancel adding of a new account and to change the new password manually in the database.

It´s also possible to make your account valid for the whole domain and not only for the exact URL in Edit account section (User interface - select account - More - Edit - Options tab - Tie Account to). That could resolve these problems but only on some websites because some sites ca have the Change password form on a different domain.

Best regards,
Ondrej Novak
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
ondrej.novak
Sticky Password Guru

Return to Suggestions and Feature Requests