[Feature Request] SP browser icon auto drop down menu

If you have any ideas how we can improve Sticky Password, ideas for new features etc. post it here.

[Feature Request] SP browser icon auto drop down menu

Postby chooquette » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:36 pm

Hi there,

I come from Roboform and find that their auto drop down menu for saved logins is really nice and furthermore much more responsive than Sticky Password icon click menu in Firefox (v19). I would be wonderful if Sticky Password could implement this feature and also improve the responsiveness of the menu.

Thanks for listening.
chooquette
New user

Re: [Feature Request] SP browser icon auto drop down menu

Postby John Flyer » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:53 pm

I do not recall the Roboform features very well and probably I have not understood what you are asking for. If you click the SP icon in FF19 and move the cursor to 'WebAccounts', do you not then have an 'auto drop down menu'???

Do you really mean that SP needs to increase the responsiveness of the menu? Are all your drivers up to date?
John Flyer
Experienced user

Postby chooquette » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:39 pm

Yes, my drivers are up-to-date and I have SP1 with all updates current too. My Windows experience index is 6.9 so I don't think my machine is the issue here.

Yes, I do have the drop down menu for web accounts. I was referring to the main Sticky Password icon button in the browser. I would prefer to have it as fly-over drop-down menu like with Roboform's passcards on a website to do a one-click login instead of two:

chooquette
New user

Postby John Flyer » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:13 am

I see, your comp is not the issue. My experience index is only 3.7 due to my graphical card, but still I find SP to respond very well to my actions. :?: :?: :?:

Several logins: Have you tried the Quick Launch from the SP toolbar in the browser? I do not use much time/many clicks to find the proper login.
SeveralLogins.jpg
SeveralLogins.jpg (14.06 KiB) Viewed 491 times

As far as I can recall, Roboform had a huge toolbar in the browser, was it up to tow lines? It is my assumption that most users do not want a toolbar like that. And it is not a goal to make SP to a Roboform clone; on the contrary!

I enjoy discussions like this, users to users. I think it makes it easier to the SP team to hit the nail.
John Flyer
Experienced user

Postby chooquette » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:49 pm

John Flyer wrote:I see, your comp is not the issue. My experience index is only 3.7 due to my graphical card, but still I find SP to respond very well to my actions. :?: :?: :?:

It takes for me 6 seconds exactly for a click on S/P's tray icon to open the GUI, and then another 3 seconds to display after a click on Web Accounts, and one full second from the browser icon to display the logins when there are lots of them (with Roboform it's instantaneous and on mouse fly-over only). I guess it could be due to the fact that I have lots of Accounts and Logins (Roboform does not have any problem handling my data and is very responsive in my environment).

Several logins: Have you tried the Quick Launch from the SP toolbar in the browser? I do not use much time/many clicks to find the proper login.
SeveralLogins.jpg

Yep, I did :) Thanks for the pointer.

As far as I can recall, Roboform had a huge toolbar in the browser, was it up to tow lines? It is my assumption that most users do not want a toolbar like that. And it is not a goal to make SP to a Roboform clone; on the contrary!

In Firefox, Roboform has 2 options to display its GUI. One is in the toolbar section that sure takes up real-estate by inserting itself as a toolbar, thus adding another line to the toolbars already present. The other option that I use is located in the Customize (buttons) section where it will add itself as a button(s). The buttons display can be customized to your needs.

I enjoy discussions like this, users to users. I think it makes it easier to the SP team to hit the nail.

I'm glad you see it that way. I was very apprehensive about posting for requests. Programs have their strengths and weaknesses and Roboform or S/P have each many of both. For the former, I find that their fly-over drop-down menus for logins easier and quicker to use. I just would like to make Sticky Password the best password management possible.
chooquette
New user

Return to Suggestions and Feature Requests