[Feature Request] Arrow keyboard menu navigation

If you have any ideas how we can improve Sticky Password, ideas for new features etc. post it here.

[Feature Request] Arrow keyboard menu navigation

Postby chooquette » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:37 pm

Hi there,

I would love that Sticky Password implements an arrow left-right keyboard menu navigation so that moving around Web Accounts from the icon in browsers (Firefox 19) for instance would be easier and faster and not totally mouse movements dependent.

Thanks for considering my request.
chooquette
New user

Re: [Feature Request] Arrow keyboard menu navigation

Postby Evzen » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:26 pm

Moving around the browser icon menus using keyboard works fine for me in Firefox, Seamonkey, Opera and Chrome.
It doesn't work in the IE toolbar icon menus.

BTW, what is the keybaord navigation good for here if you have to click the icon using mouse anyway?!
Isn't it MUCH faster then simply keep using the mouse?!
Evzen
Experienced user

Postby chooquette » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:31 pm

I'm a keyboard navigation gal :D. I find the keyboard or a hotkey always wins in terms of speed. Navigation by arrows then enter to validate is way much quicker, the same would be true too if there were a Find as You Type implemented in the menu itself.
chooquette
New user

Postby Evzen » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:43 pm

Well, I'm a keyboard navigation guy, too, no problem here... (I typed on a keyboard when a lot of today's computer users were not even born yet...)

My point was that AFAIK there is no way to "click" the icon in browser via keyboard, so you have to use the mouse... thus the fastest way to further navigate the opened menu is undoubtedly using the mouse...
It simply IS a way faster to move around the list of accounts - especially when you have a lot of them - using a mouse. For example , you CAN'T move from top of the list all the way down to "More Accounts..." (to open next column of the list) faster using a keyboard than using a mouse. Not even if you have the autorepeat set to fastest speed.
Evzen
Experienced user

Postby chooquette » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:41 pm

OK, got it :)
chooquette
New user

Return to Suggestions and Feature Requests