Auto Fill not always working

This forum is for beta testers only.
Please only post here if you are testing a recent beta version.

Auto Fill not always working

Postby Ponder » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:05 pm

I am using Firefox with SP auto fill engine.

Sometimes SP will fill the user name and password fields, but will not fill the login button.

If I disable the firefox auto fill engine addon, and then re-enable it, then SP will fill all fields properly....then over time SP will again stop filling the login button until I again disable and re-enable the firefox auto fill engine addon.

Any ideas? Thanks...Ponder
Ponder
New user

Re: Auto Fill not always working

Postby ondrej.novak » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:28 pm

Hi Ponder,

do you mean that Sticky Password doesn´t press the Submit Button (the auto-submit feature) or something else please?
Ondrej Novak
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
ondrej.novak
Sticky Password Guru

Re: Auto Fill not always working

Postby Ponder » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:45 am

Hi Ondrej.

SP fills the user name and password fields but does not click the login button. For Ex., when I logged into the forum to answer your question, SP filled in my user names and PW, but did not log me in. I had to manually click login to get here even though SP is asked to fill the login field.

Here's the problem: I use the firefox preloader to load parts of firefox into memory for faster start up of firefox. If the preloader is enabeled, SP will not fill fields other than User name and PW, but if the preloader is disabeled, SP will fill all fields as it should with no problem....so I think the problem is the firefox preloader or with the compatibilty between The firefox preloader and SP..

Hope this helps....Ponder

Just noticed that my shortcuts are being filled properly by SP including name, PW and login button. And that the firefox preloader is running.....BUT, the link you sent to my email address showing that there was a reply to my post was not properly filled by SP. User name and PW were filled but the login button was not. But if I go to the SP in the system tray, go to this forum and click my user name, I go to this forum, and User name, password and login button all are filled by SP!!

I am now at a loss trying to figure out why the User name and PW fields always are filled properly, but that the login field is not always filled properly????
Ponder
New user

Return to Beta 4.0