I'm afraid I won't be able to emphasize it enough, but people who're conscious enough to buy a password manager are people who work on PCs and not play on Android tablets. That said, a program should also be functional, informative and intuitive, as it used to be in the past, instead of being glamorous and tablet/Win8-styled like it is now. The new interfaces we are forced to move to have every sort and kind of buttons all over the place (one menu here, actions panel there, dropdown options as an icon, click-to-change, dropdowns of logins, save/close faaar in the bottom of the window etc.), and those drastically increase the amount of time we spend on clicking and moving the mouse around. Moreover, basic UI windows are now constrained to a single window which cannot even inform us where in the hierarchy we actually are.
To sum it up: a password manager is not a trinket - I do not want it to be shiny, I want it to make my work easier.
And as I do understand that nobody is actually going to change anything back, I'll suggest several features that would at least make using the manager a bit easier:
- 1) Showing a column of all logins in "Used logins" column instead of "2 Logins", "3 Logins" etc. Why should I need to open the entry to get the info I can get straight away? The usual tree navigation was neat and nice, and I see no reason why it had to be removed (apart from the urge to implement a "single window" interface). If this cannot be implemented directly, you can at least leave an option.
- 2) An option to open the entry editing in another window - that way I can still see the other logins and entries while editing the current one. No, the dropdown menu for logins is no good for it.
- 3) Please fix the auto-trimming of entry names and texts. I cannot tell if it happens on high-DPI monitors only, but there's virtually NO reason to trim the name while there's so much free space anyway. Screenshot attached.
- 4) Under no circumstances should an update reminder demand as much attention as to minimize fullscreen apps! If you're working fullscreen, you get interrupted halfway through a project; if you're playing fullscreen, you die/lose; if you're in a team, you let your teammates down and die/lose. Tray notifications have been invented for that particular function - for notification instead distraction.
- 5) There should be an option to turn off automatic log-on globally for new entries, or at least an option to tick it off directly when adding a new account entry.
- 6) Having entry name and link directly editable would be nice. I don't see any sense in introducing several different (!) fool-proof methods for such minor fields as long as there's a "Save" button anyway.
- 7) The import of old databases just ignores any groups and the groups along with the accounts stored in it are not imported at all. The import should instead create those groups and import the accounts. The auto-logon enabled/disabled options are also ignored, which has already led to many frustrating experiences.
Thank you for your attention.