Multiple - users,master passwords,databases

Multiple - users,master passwords,databases

Postby thebiggestnoob » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:36 am

I have Sticky Password Pro on my personal laptop but I also use a desktop computer which is shared with several other users who want to use password manager too.If I give them my master password they can log into my accounts which I don't want to happen.The only option right now is to use different password managing softwares but I don't like that because I want everyone to use Sticky Password but right now it's impossible.My feature suggestion is this.User1 creates a "profile" with his own master password.User2 creates his own profile with a different master password.There are two databases.
User1 is using the machine.He goes to Facebook homepage and Sticky asks for master password.After User1 types his master password,Sticky recognizes him and logs him into his Facebook or if he has multiple Facebook accounts, Sticky asks him which userID he wants to use(just like it does right now).Few minutes later User2 wants to use the same computer to log into his Facebook.He is prompted with a master password window where he types his own master password.Sticky recognizes it's a different user and pulls the database associated with that password and logs him into Facebook or asks which Facebook ID he wants to use,if he has many.
For this to work, sticky password would have to "close itself" after each successful login so every time I try to log into Facebook or Gmail e.t.c I will be asked for a master password.This way User2 won't see User1's data when he leaves the machine.In other words, if user forgets to manually shut down Sticky Password the other user still won't be able to access his profile since every login requires a master password verification.This probably sounds complicated and not needed for most users but it could be just an extra setting not enabled by default.Only multi-users could take advantage of this.It's much faster and convenient to type one master password everywhere than remember 30.Would be worth paying more money to have this functionality.
Thanks.
thebiggestnoob
New user

Re: Multiple - users,master passwords,databases

Postby John Flyer » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:14 pm

Have you read the knowledgebase article "How to switch between 2+ databases"?
http://lamantine.helpserve.com/default_ ... -databases

Maybe this is what you want? :?:
John Flyer
Experienced user

Re: Multiple - users,master passwords,databases

Postby thebiggestnoob » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:30 pm

That is very similar to what I was looking for.The only downside with that method is if the user forgets to completely exit Sticky Password from taskbar, his/her account will be accessible by others but this method should work for now.Thanks !
thebiggestnoob
New user

Return to Suggestions and Feature Requests