Locked Database

Locked Database

Postby NubCake » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:30 pm

Hi!

I have an suggestion regarding Settings, it would be great if we could lock Database with a password, so that whenever you wanna access Database you would have to type in Password or Master Password, this would help me and maybe a lot of people so that other people cant see your passwords.

Someone may say, you can lock your sticky password or set it to lock itself after some time, yes i can, but i think my suggestion is a lot better, cuz this way you dont have to lock it and then forget to unlock it (as many times happens to me) and i figure out thats it locked when i try to access a webpage, and then i have to unlock it, type in password and refresh the page, with only Database locked i wouldnt have to do this and noone could see my password and i wouldnt have to lock my Sticky password most of the time (cuz i dont want people to see my password, but they can access a page with autofill from sticky password), i mean for example, my bro can go to web pages under my nick, i just dont want him to see the passwords.

Any chance of doing that? (=
NubCake
New user

Re: Locked Database

Postby petr.pinkas » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:41 am

Hi NubCake,

so you mean protect particular accounts by your master password? Like when you will want to use Facebook account, you will have to re-enter your Master Password?
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Postby NubCake » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:14 am

No, i mean when you right click on "Sticky Password" in the system tray and then click on "Manage Database...", then you would have to type in the password, otherwise everyone can see your passwords, not on invidiual account, only when you click the Manage Database (=
NubCake
New user

Postby petr.pinkas » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:36 am

No-one can see your passwords when your database is locked, so this functionality will be redundant form my point of view.
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Postby NubCake » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:05 am

Well, i forget to lock the Sticky Password most of the time and i dont want to lock it anyway, cuz i forget to unlock it most of the time and i see this when i need it, but this option would be better for me then locking, i dont mind if someone else (my brother or co worker) uses my login name for a page, but i dont want him to see my password and this isnt possible if i lock the Sticky Password.
NubCake
New user

Postby petr.pinkas » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:44 pm

So you want someone else to use your Sticky Password automatically but do not to see or edit your account details like login and passwords, right?
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Postby NubCake » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:50 pm

petr.pinkas wrote:So you want someone else to use your Sticky Password automatically but do not to see or edit your account details like login and passwords, right?

Exactly (= Ill give you an example, my brother can use my logins on many pages (i dont mind that, so he doesnt need to register there too), but i wouldnt like him to see my passwords.
NubCake
New user

Postby petr.pinkas » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:22 am

OK, we will consult it within our team. Thanks for suggestion.
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions and Feature Requests