Make the black dots visible permanently

malcarada
New user

Make the black dots visible permanently

Post by malcarada » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:12 pm

When you enter the database master password it is covered with black dots, to see them you need to click on the eye icon, I would like to request a checkbox or settings option where no black dots cover your master and account passwords.

I have a very long passphrase as my masterpass and many times I make a typo entering it, I am unable to re-edit it using the eye because I don't know where to enter the single missing/wrong character I have to type the whole passphrase once again, I think it would be cool if some kind of option that shows the password without having to click on the eye icon to make it viewable, I would think that most people is using Sticky Password at home where shoulder surfing is not a problem.
My personal blog: http://www.wipeyourdata.com

petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Re: Make the black dots visible permanently

Post by petr.pinkas » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:53 pm

You can copy the password to clipboard easily with an icon in the password field.
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImage

malcarada
New user

Post by malcarada » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:30 pm

Actually, when you start StickyPassword and have to enter the master password there is no such icon, I understand why, because copying the masterpassword to the clipboard is a very bad idea, so I am not suggesting this is added, just a checkbox to make it visible or even better, when you click on the eye some choice to keep the eye on/off for some minutes.

PS: Post edited.
My personal blog: http://www.wipeyourdata.com

petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Post by petr.pinkas » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:24 am

No, for Master Password surely it is not possible, but if you will go to the particular account, it is possible there. For Master Password it is even not a good idea to show the password on the screen as someone behind you can see it.
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImage

Return to “Suggestions and Feature Requests”