Make the black dots visible permanently

Make the black dots visible permanently

Postby malcarada » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:12 pm

When you enter the database master password it is covered with black dots, to see them you need to click on the eye icon, I would like to request a checkbox or settings option where no black dots cover your master and account passwords.

I have a very long passphrase as my masterpass and many times I make a typo entering it, I am unable to re-edit it using the eye because I don't know where to enter the single missing/wrong character I have to type the whole passphrase once again, I think it would be cool if some kind of option that shows the password without having to click on the eye icon to make it viewable, I would think that most people is using Sticky Password at home where shoulder surfing is not a problem.
My personal blog: http://www.wipeyourdata.com
malcarada
New user

Re: Make the black dots visible permanently

Postby petr.pinkas » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:53 pm

You can copy the password to clipboard easily with an icon in the password field.
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Postby malcarada » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:30 pm

Actually, when you start StickyPassword and have to enter the master password there is no such icon, I understand why, because copying the masterpassword to the clipboard is a very bad idea, so I am not suggesting this is added, just a checkbox to make it visible or even better, when you click on the eye some choice to keep the eye on/off for some minutes.

PS: Post edited.
My personal blog: http://www.wipeyourdata.com
malcarada
New user

Postby petr.pinkas » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:24 am

No, for Master Password surely it is not possible, but if you will go to the particular account, it is possible there. For Master Password it is even not a good idea to show the password on the screen as someone behind you can see it.
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions and Feature Requests