My Accounts

My Accounts

Postby mgmiller33 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:20 am

When I upgraded from 3 to 4 to 5, Sticky Password grouped my accounts into "General" and "Web" categories. The Help file explained that accounts are now applications or Web categories, but the assignments seem to be rather arbitrary. Plus, every new account I add is not assigned to either category. It was easier to find an account when they were alphabetical, instead of this new grouping. Can I move the accounts from the categories into the space where new accounts are being added? i.e., all accounts in a single list as before.
mgmiller33
New user

Re: My Accounts

Postby Blurayfan » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:08 pm

mgmiller33 wrote:When I upgraded from 3 to 4 to 5, Sticky Password grouped my accounts into "General" and "Web" categories. The Help file explained that accounts are now applications or Web categories, but the assignments seem to be rather arbitrary. Plus, every new account I add is not assigned to either category. It was easier to find an account when they were alphabetical, instead of this new grouping. Can I move the accounts from the categories into the space where new accounts are being added? i.e., all accounts in a single list as before.

When adding an account the program does ask you where you would like the account added so new accounts will be set where you like. You can move pre-existing accounts by clicking Manage Database on the menu in the system tray then dragging the accounts to where you prefer.

Note: You can also create your own categories if you like by clicking Add then Group and move the accounts there.
Attachments
Manage Database.jpg
Manage Database
Manage Database.jpg (88.54 KiB) Viewed 1240 times
Blurayfan
New user

Postby mgmiller33 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:20 pm

I dragged them all into a Web category, and they now all appear alphabetically on the Accounts list from the system tray menu. However, they are still divided into Web and Other (sub-menu Web) in the Database Manager. I can live with that! Thanks for your help.
mgmiller33
New user

Postby ondrej.novak » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:43 pm

Hi,

you can change the grouping setting by clicking on "Group by Account type" in the Link column (check Blurayfan´s screenshot). If you switch it to "None", all your accounts will be arranged only alphabetically.

Best regards,
Ondrej Novak
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
ondrej.novak
Sticky Password Guru

Return to Sticky Password PRO 5