Massive Opportunity for Stick Password!

Postby aladdin » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:58 pm

I am sure that Sticky Password knows what is happening in RoboForm world. Lots of people bought RoboForm version 6 and below and they were promised lifetime upgrades.

Lots of people now have updated to their latest version 7, only to find out that it reverted back from the PRO version to the Free version.

RoboForm now wants the people to buy version 7, basically no free updates. Lots of people are mad and jumping ship. Mostly to the free version of LastPass.

Best regards,
Aladdin!
aladdin
New user

Re: Massive Opportunity for Stick Password!

Postby petr.pinkas » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:28 pm

Hi Aladdin,

yes, we know about the new version of Roboform and their new subscription based licensing when you pay for the product every year. Do you have any source of this? Or have you been targeted by this?
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Postby gan » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:45 am

I have a roboform 6 pro license since i also have a Mac and there is no sticky password for Mac as far as i know (i would really like to see a Mac version though). Currently i don't use roboform since i really don't like it at all. I received an email as shown below. I find it a bit hard to understand whether or not it's free since they start by saying: "who purchased on or after September 1" and then say: "purchased a v6 Pro license on or before September 1".

As far as i know they never promised free major upgrades (maybe i'm wrong) and roboform 7 pro is the same as before while roboform 7 everywhere is new and based on a subscription.

Announcing RoboForm 7!
Free upgrade for V6 users who purchased on or after September 1, 2010

Great News! The much anticipated RoboForm 7 is now officially released. We've gathered significant feedback from our users to develop this version and we want to thank all who helped. RoboForm 7 was designed with you in mind.
We are giving all users that purchased a v6 Pro license on or before September 1, 2010 the opportunity to easily upgrade to either RoboForm 7 or one year of RoboForm 7 Everywhere for no charge.

gan
gan
New user

Postby petr.pinkas » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:43 am

Yes, they have changed their licensing options, now you will pay every year.However, stay tuned, we have big plans and new to release soon about the Mac version.
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Postby gan » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:22 pm

petr.pinkas wrote:Yes, they have changed their licensing options, now you will pay every year.However, stay tuned, we have big plans and new to release soon about the Mac version.

Thanks for the info, if Mac beta testers are needed please let me know.

gan
gan
New user

Postby aladdin » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:46 am

petr.pinkas wrote:Hi Aladdin,

yes, we know about the new version of Roboform and their new subscription based licensing when you pay for the product every year. Do you have any source of this? Or have you been targeted by this?

Dear Petr,

I own two RoboForm PRO Desktop version 6 licenses with lifetime upgrade. All RoboForm version 6 were sold as such. When I installed the new RoboForm version 7, it reverted back to Free version. So, I sent an email to the support. I was given two choices.

1. To renew with RoboForm Everywhere version 7 for a yearly fee of $9.95, and have the data in cloud and could be synced to as many devices to this one account. These devices could be desktop (laptop), USB and mobile devices. Next year to be increased to $19.95

2. Or, to renew to 2 licenses to RoboForm PRO Desktop version 7. The first one at $19.95 (regular price $29.95) and the second one for $9.95. No more free lifetime upgrades and have to buy again if ever version 8 is released.

I chose option #2 for renewal.

To be fair to them I bought these 2 licenses for RoboForm PRO Desktop version 6, about 10 years ago. So, maybe it is time to support some more, but lots of people are not pleased the why they are handling this and this includes me too!

Interesting take on this issue by Stefan Fintea on Softpedia.

How Not to Change a Licensing Model

http://news.softpedia.com/news/How-Not- ... 1188.shtml

http://web.archive.org/web/20080822215550/www.roboform.com/why-pro.html

Why Buy RoboForm Pro

Free Upgrades.
Fast and Efficient Support.
Instant Delivery. Activate RoboForm Pro in 5 seconds.

Kind regards,

aladdin!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to the kind folks and staff of Sticky Password!
aladdin
New user

Postby petr.pinkas » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:55 am

Hi Aladdin,

thanks for sharing your story here and for letting us know, how badly Roboform treats you! We will never behave like this to our customers, because you are the ones, who keeps us running and we know how valuable everyone of you is for us.

Merry Christmas and happy New Year to you too! I will share your wishes throughout all our team over here!
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Postby aladdin » Mon May 14, 2012 1:57 pm

petr.pinkas wrote:Hi Aladdin,

thanks for sharing your story here and for letting us know, how badly Roboform treats you! We will never behave like this to our customers, because you are the ones, who keeps us running and we know how valuable everyone of you is for us.

Merry Christmas and happy New Year to you too! I will share your wishes throughout all our team over here!

Dear Petr,

Do you now remember me?

Best regards,

Mohamed
aladdin
New user

Postby petr.pinkas » Mon May 14, 2012 2:00 pm

Hi Mohamed, I have replied in the email. Thanks
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Postby aladdin » Mon May 14, 2012 4:39 pm

petr.pinkas wrote:Hi Mohamed, I have replied in the email. Thanks

Thank you Petr for your and Sticky Password kindness.

Best regards,

aladdin
aladdin
New user

Return to Sticky Password PRO 5