Suggestion in browser: search as you type

Suggestion in browser: search as you type

Postby mstam3056 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:22 am

Hi-

I would like a function where when I click Sticky Password and start typing the list filters and finds my items, than I can click on it and go to the web page and automatically log in.

This is the use case for 1password and it works quite well.

Also - for the favorites - is there a way to manually setup the favorites, or calling them something else - where I can have several websites easily accessible in the list?

Other requests:

A way for the iPhone app to get the latest file from Dropbox

A way to install the app into web browsers on the MAC

A desktop client for the MAC (for me this is my lowest priority).

Great product - really looking forward to seeing where you take it!
mstam3056

Re: Suggestion in browser: search as you type

Postby ondrej.novak » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:23 pm

Hi,

such search feature is available in the new version Sticky Password 6. Which version of Sticky Password is installed on your computer? You can also try the Quick Launch Box feature available in the system tray menu.

Unfortunately it´s not possible to add sites the the list of "Favorites" manually. The list is based on the frequency of usage of your accounts. But we will probably improve it in the future.

Synchronization of the iPhone database will be solved by our own solution. We are working on it.

Our developers are also working on Sticky Password for Mac.

Best regards,
Ondrej Novak
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
ondrej.novak
Sticky Password Guru

Postby mstam3056 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:12 pm

Hi-

The "search as type" in the browser pulldown would search your web logins as you type. What the current tool does is simply search what is in the "immediate" pulldown. Look at the search function in 1password - when you click 1password in the browser it shows you your favorites and other things, but as soon as you start typing a search dialog appears and as you type letters your web logins are displayed in a list and you can select the login from the filtered list, or hit enter if your login is selected.

Thanks for the feedback on the other items - looking forward to seeing what is in store for us next!
mstam3056

Postby em7 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:36 pm

I would like to suggest a slight performance increase logic: first let the user type and then, after half a second perform the search. This is for the search in app method, but I suppose it could be useful in this case as well.
em7

Return to Suggestions and Feature Requests