Can't RESET passwords at sites.

Please post here questions and problems with filling forms and account details on websites.

Can't RESET passwords at sites.

Postby elfishchimera » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:43 pm

Okay, I got this silly thing for two purposes.

First, as a locker for passwords. Okay, seems to work,except for IE and Firefox, but that's another thread.

Go to a website, do the login thing and SP stores it just fine.

However, the SECOND thing I was expecting to be able to do is CHANGE the passwords.

After all, the reason one needs a database of passwords is if one is upgrading one's security precautions by trying to use unique and unguessable and unhackable passwords on each and every site.

Which means, as you might guess, I need to CHANGE a few.

But each website goes to a NEW page to do the resets from, and this confuses the living hell out of SP. The first thing you have to do, of course, is enter the old password. No problem.

THEN however, you go to the new password boxes. If you click the box for generate a new password, by gum SP does that -- AND IT ENTERS IT IN THE OLD PASSWORD BOX ALSO.

Trying to go BACK to the old password box and manually re-enter the old password prompts yet ANOTHER dialog box asking if you want to delete the "password history". Huh? The "old password" I'm trying to change? The password that was just generated? Both? Neither? All the passwords in the database? WTF?

Once I set the generator for the limits of my banking site AND re-entered the old password manually . . .

Suffice it to say I'm locked out of my banking account until the help desk comes on line later, and I only managed to update my Facebook account by deleting the specific account from SP using a separate password generator to update FB, deleting the SP entry and then doing a fresh login to FB for SP to record.

So the change a password, for each web account, it appears I have to log in, go to the password change site, keep cancelling the SP dialog boxes to do my password change using some other password generator because SP's is inaccessable or won't allow the password to be copied anywhere. Log out, delete any account SP has tried make under Web Accounts, THEN go ahead and long back in so SP can record the updated password.

This is just effing stupid.

And if there's a way around it, I can't find it in either the menus or in the "manual".

Mike "you sure aren't selling me on upgrading to PRO with this nonsense" Fisher
elfishchimera

Re: Can't RESET passwords at sites.

Postby petr.pinkas » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:50 am

Hi Mike,

can you give me the exact URL of this website as I can test it and see what and how it causes problems?

Thanks
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Postby martink » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:55 pm

I just searched the forum for this very same behaviour. I just managed to lock myself out of Ebay because of this. I am using SP Pro V6. Can anything be done about it?

(I know this isn't the Pro forum, but this is the only thread about this problem that I can find.)

Martin.
martink
New user

Postby ondrej.novak » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:33 pm

Hi,

are you using the latest Sticky Password update please?

Best regards,
Ondrej Novak
Sticky Password Team

ondrej.novak
Sticky Password Guru

Postby martink » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:32 pm

I just checked and yes, I am using the latest update.

Martin.
martink
New user

Postby ondrej.novak » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:06 pm

Hi,

thank you for your reply.

Could you please exactly describe the issue? You can send it to our support at support@stickypassword.com where we will be able to analyze it with our developers.

Best regards,
Ondrej Novak
Sticky Password Team

ondrej.novak
Sticky Password Guru

Return to Problems with websites