One site & multiple Log-Ins

One site & multiple Log-Ins

Postby Ponder » Sun May 31, 2009 4:29 am

Is it possible to create several log-ins at the same site...For example an Airline site and each family member has a different password but the same user name? Or does each user have to have a different User name I.D. and different Password?

Thanks..
Ponder
New user

Re: One site & multiple Log-Ins

Postby petr.pinkas » Sun May 31, 2009 9:05 am

It is possible to create multiple logins. And when you'll select the site, which you want to access, you'll be able to choose under which login you want to login.
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Postby Ponder » Sun May 31, 2009 10:57 am

Can you tell me how this is done?

When I try create a second log in at the site, with the same User I.D and different password, SP stops me and requires me to use a different user I.D. in addition to the different password.

Can this be done with one common user I.D. and lets say two or three passwords. Each pass word would then represent a different account at the same site.

Thanks for your help....

Ponder
Ponder
New user

Postby ondrej.novak » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:30 am

Could you send me the URL of this site please?
Ondrej Novak
Sticky Password Team

ondrej.novak
Sticky Password Guru

Postby Ponder » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:59 am

Hi Ondrej

What should happen here is that I set up an account at this URL, which allows two or three sets of log in data, each with a different User ID and password, but all at this same site.

Here's the site...

http://www.delta.com/index.jsp?Log=1&Mk ... 1519279011

Thanks for helping me understand how this can work....Ponder
Ponder
New user

Postby ondrej.novak » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:09 pm

We are trying to solve this question. SP allows to create more accounts on one web page but with different logins. Creating multiple accounts with the same login and only different password will be probably a problem... I´ll give you the full answer as soon as possible.
Ondrej Novak
Sticky Password Team

ondrej.novak
Sticky Password Guru

Postby Ponder » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:59 pm

If I can figure out how to make three accounts at the same URL, each of the accounts with different User name ID and different PW, then this can work.

I know this will require three listings in the accounts list (This would be OK) but I can't figure out how to do this.

Can you help with info if each account has a different User Name and PW....

Thanks....Ponder
Ponder
New user

Postby ondrej.novak » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:35 pm

Just fill the login and password fields with another login and password and SP will ask you if you want to save it. Save this new information and SP will create another account on the same page. now you can choose which account you would to run: you can run it using Sticky icon from the systray, sticky button or even just go to the website and a pop-up window will appear next to the login field with your possible logins. Just choose one of them that you want to run.

You can of course find this logins in Accounts from systray and in the Sticky button menu.

Let me know if it works and if you found it. I´ve chcecked it on the website you send me and I didn´t have any problems to create more accounts...
Ondrej Novak
Sticky Password Team

ondrej.novak
Sticky Password Guru

Postby Ponder » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:52 am

Hi Ondrej

Yes, I was able to create 3 accounts under on URL....worked great. Not sure what I was doing before when I had difficulty, but it's clear now....many thanks again.

Ponder

Additional Information....
Just noticed that with three logins under one URL, I don't now have a way to know which of the three accounts belong to whom. Just lists the 3 ID and PW, so is there a way to identify the owner of each of the three logins? Or to identify the owner of a login before you select the one you need?

Would be nice to be able to have three listings in the data base for the same URL, then could list The ABC company as the name followed by the owners name.....for Ex The ABC company - Ponder's Acct Or The ABC company - Ondrej's Acct

Ponder
Ponder
New user

Postby ondrej.novak » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:32 am

In Sticky Password 4 you can name your accounts. In Manage database - choose an account - Edit item - on the right side of the login field is a button Use login description which allows you to name your logins.
Ondrej Novak
Sticky Password Team

ondrej.novak
Sticky Password Guru

Postby Ponder » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:21 pm

Thanks Ondrej....
Ponder
New user

Postby Ponder » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:54 am

Hi Ondrej.

I just downloaded 4.0.0.83 and I see how this issue has been fixed....as well as several other nice improvements....

One thing I just noticed is that the Caption Button does not show a logo, it is a small white square with no color, just a white square...The drop down contains everything as it should. Is there something I can try to get the logo back into the caption button?

Thanks...Ponder
Ponder
New user

Postby ondrej.novak » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:25 am

Hi Ponder
Could you send me you system information please? You can find it at SP Systray icon menu - Help - System info... A window with system information will appear, just click on Copy and paste it to the e-mail.

Send in please through our website www.stickypassword.com - Support and copy there your system info and info about this problem so we could recognize it.
Ondrej Novak
Sticky Password Team

ondrej.novak
Sticky Password Guru

Postby Ponder » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:57 am

Hi Ondrej.

Ok...the System Information has been sent through the web site support form.

Thanks..Ponder
Ponder
New user

Return to Sticky Password 3